Muffler delete
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Muffler delete

Learning about my Cruze

Muffler delete

Hey guys,
    Been researching this muffler delete business. Not a car guy by any means, but this mod sparked an interest in me. I'm broke as **** so doing a cat-back is not an option for me, but I want to make my Cruze sound nice.

Can anyone explain what exactly does this mod do (or will do) on a 2012 LT 6 AT. Is it expensive? What is being removed when you do the delete? Does it make the car sound deeper (not like a ricer, I just want a nice deep tone for cheap). Is it worth doing?

So far I'm planning on bypassing the resonator which is free and awesome (intakes are still kinda expensive for me).

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Well, basically you can do one of to things, cutout the existing muffler OR resonator and replace it with a straight pipe, it'll probably run you $50-100 at a local exhaust shop. It will change the sound your exhaust makes. Im not sure if anyone here has done this or how much of a sound difference it will make.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Retired Moderator

It'll likely sound raspy. This is a tiny little engine, and those are notorious for sounding awful without a muffler. Although the turbo is a pretty good muffler by itself.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    It'll likely sound raspy. This is a tiny little engine, and those are notorious for sounding awful without a muffler. Although the turbo is a pretty good muffler by itself.
    Notorious for sounding awful without a muffler, on the Cruze, probably. But all tiny turbo'ed engines, not so much, see 500 Abarth.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    Rasp comes from deleting cats, not the muffler. FYI.

I believe more are deleting the muffler as opposed to the resonator. The sound is titled 'perfect' from a muffler delete.

Wouldn't know, I went the custom cat-back route. But my guess is it's legit. Good luck.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

Sounds good with a muffler delete sounds like trash if you remove the resonator

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Learning about my Cruze
    I've been trying to look up youtube videos but they are either cat delete or some other fancy stuff....I just don't want to make a mistake so need some backup thoughts...
    2012 Cruze LT 1.4L - 9000KM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Quote Originally Posted by Smdqt View Post
    I've been trying to look up youtube videos but they are either cat delete or some other fancy stuff....I just don't want to make a mistake so need some backup thoughts...
    Look up collinm he has a black cruze and has a muffler delete vid on youtube

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Found 2 videos, kinda like how it sounds.
    spacedout likes this.

Retired Moderator

I stand corrected.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast