Underboost code
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Thread: Underboost code

Learning about my Cruze Mcgin014's Avatar

Underboost code

Last night I got an engine light with P0299 Underboost. The max I would boost is 4psi. I have a Vermont tune. I cleared the code and restarted and now am boosting normal. This morning I had to go out so going to the store I drove my Cruze hard trying to get the code back and it drove great. Any ideas on what might have went on. I was going to go to the dealer this week but without the code I wasn't going to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Check the oil level, and see if you're low on oil. Aside from that, check all the clamps/pipes that can be accessed for loose fittings or not being on all the way. I'd also wiggle the connector to the MAP/boost sensor in the charge pipe on the right-hand side of the engine bay before the throttle body, see if that's loose. Wiggle the sensor itself, see if it is loose.

If you feel ambitious, pop off the intake piping and check for oil. That indicates bad turbo bearings, which would cause an underboost code.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Learning about my Cruze Mcgin014's Avatar
    Thanks. I'll check it out today and see how everything looks. If all is good I will just have to wait for the code again.

Super Moderator

If you have a scanner, see if it's showing a pending code, and what that is.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

6. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements