Next upgrade for increased performance - Page 2

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Next upgrade for increased performance

Administrator

Morgan Walker, in the Sonic area, who makes a number of parts for this platform, was running close to 300hp on stock pistons last I checked and an upgraded turbo. Worth noting if you're planning on upgraded pistons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Got my 3rd tune update from BNR yesterday, not too much has changed performance wise really but he said there should be a bit more power along with a faster turbo spool.

According to my logs i'm hitting 99% injector duty cycle (19PSI), That was on a 0-180 km/h pull. It's definitely time for bigger injectors

Learning about my Cruze evolizzee's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't even push the engine beyond 5500rpms. The stock injectors are screaming for mercy beyond that at 21psi. We leaned out the afr from 11.3 to 11.6 but it only gave a little bit of relief for the injectors. I just had BNR make an extra trans tune that keeps the WOT shift points around 5500rpms, since shifting there yielded the quickest time for me (15.0), and prevents the IDCs from exceeding 95%. Beyond 5500 I've seen over 100% IDC. Until I get injectors and coils; I'll never take the car above 5500rpms except in 1st gear. Meth injection would def help the stock injectors but Green Giants and E85 would be a more reliable source of high octane. Especially so for E85 setups on the new DI 1.4T. 100% E85 (pump) on PI setups have seen as high as 108oct, where as 100% E85 (pump) on DI configured engines have seen as high as 160oct.
    dtuerk likes this.
    16' Cruze LT Limited (Daily): MPFab Intake/ZZP Downpipe/XR PCV/BNR Tuned (21psi)
    12' Camaro SS 45th Anniversary (Garage Queen): Borla Longtubes/Cincy Speed Tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Water Meth is excellent
    Home depot sells 50/50 mix for $2 gallon
    It has me up around 220whp on stock injectors.

Im stuck on the stock injector because due too tuning limitations. Even BnR wont tune me. He only will do a re-cored gtx14. But i love my gtx26 size turbo, much more dramatic turbo noises, full boost at 3000 rpm, quick spool. More imporantly lower EGT's with enough room for track days finally.

Just need a haltec and injectors, or a really clever tune on stock ecu.
    I should get hold of Morgan Walker, is he the MPfab guy?
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Manual 6
    Mods: HP Tuners ~22 PSI, 8-11 *Timing advance , 12:1 AFR (WOT)
    Water/Meth 50-120 ML/min, Vtuner Forged Pistons & Valve Springs
    Turbonetics 11038-BB, 2.5 inch exaust, magnaflow muffler.

Tires:
    Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80 215/60R16
    220 WHP at 22PSI Soon for 35 PSI @ ??? WHP

Learning about my Cruze evolizzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markj2222 View Post
    Yes, one and the same...

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Water Meth is excellent

Im stuck on the stock injector because due too tuning limitations. Even BnR wont tune me. He only will do a re-cored gtx14. But i love my gtx26 size turbo, much more dramatic turbo noises, full boost at 3000 rpm, quick spool. More imporantly lower EGT's with enough room for track days finally.

I think water/meth is pretty much our only option here in Canada, maybe they figure its too cold up here for E85? . Did you build your own Exhaust manifold for the Turbonetics? Or fab up a flange for the existing manifold? I've been thinking about making my own turbo setup but besides BNR there isn't any way of getting a reliable tune in Ontario (That I can find).

A haltec is probably the best way to tune I would think, They actually don't even seem to cost that much considering what you get.

Water Meth is excellent

I apologize, you did email us and I totally forgot to get back to you and you got buried under my pile of emails. I can definitely tune your car. What limitations are you talking about with the injectors?
    Hidden Content
    Performance Parts and Custom Automotive Tuning

Cruze 1.4T LUV/LUJ: +70HP +100TQ
    Cruze 1.4T LE2: +63HP +92TQ

MAKE SURE TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL OUR NEW PROJECTS!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry@BNR View Post
    I apologize, you did email us and I totally forgot to get back to you and you got buried under my pile of emails. I can definitely tune your car. What limitations are you talking about with the injectors?
    Cant use a normal intake like the K&N kit,
    So i have a hand built 3" intake with bypass return and 2 PCV returns
    MAF tuning = Difficult

At this point im willing to take a second crack at it with EFI live and a pro helping me.
    If your down to tune me; I would like to get a tune, 60lb injectors and maybe a fuel pump on order.
    Im nervous after my last push self tuning with hp tuners, wreaked my valve seals and turbo seals
    dtuerk likes this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Manual 6
    Mods: HP Tuners ~22 PSI, 8-11 *Timing advance , 12:1 AFR (WOT)
    Water/Meth 50-120 ML/min, Vtuner Forged Pistons & Valve Springs
    Turbonetics 11038-BB, 2.5 inch exaust, magnaflow muffler.

Tires:
    Bridgestone Blizzak WS-80 215/60R16
    220 WHP at 22PSI Soon for 35 PSI @ ??? WHP

11. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.