Next upgrade for increased performance

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Next upgrade for increased performance

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed

Question Next upgrade for increased performance

I currently have a BNR tuned 2012 Cruze, trying to plan out what is the best route to go with upgrades.

I'm thinking, According to my logs the stock injectors are hitting ~90% duty, so bigger injectors are a must.
    Water/Meth injection seems like a good early upgrade as well, easy to install and seems to have a huge improvement since it increases knock resistance (Which equals more boost ;D)

Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't think of anything else that would need to be upgraded right away, I eventually want to work my way to the BNR Turbo, but that might have to wait until the Canadian peso is worth a little more

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze
    From my research if you do not have a catless downpipe then that is a great upgrade, if possible. Water/meth is a great choice too.
    Hidden Content
    2011 Cruze ECO 6 MT Imperial Metallic
    /Jet Black

Tinted windows, black badges, molded mud guards, air box resonator delete, CDV delete, Amsoil engine/trans fluid

Administrator

I'd start saving that money until you can get the BNR turbo, BNR coils, injectors, and valve springs. Alternately, you can start looking at handling upgrades.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Would probably want to go with forged pistons as well wouldn't I? More or less as a supporting mod

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Looking at ~$5,550 Canadian for this list: Capture.PNG

I think that'll bring me to the edge of what the 1.4 can deliver correct? I heard that the next limiting factor is the fuel pump but nobody really has an upgrade for that yet...?
    (Couldn't add the valve springs as they're currently out of stock)

Driver's Ed
    Get flex fuel kit and mix a little E85 in your 93... better than dealing with water meth injection IMO.

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by brlcla View Post
    Get flex fuel kit and mix a little E85 in your 93... better than dealing with water meth injection IMO.
    Would love to, But the nearest E85 Pump is about 6 hours away in Toronto, Any even then I think they only have 2 - 3 stations in the city that have it

1st Gear
    I current have E85 with a BNR Tune. Either exhaust or handling are next. (After replacing the suspension)

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuerk View Post
    Would love to, But the nearest E85 Pump is about 6 hours away in Toronto, Any even then I think they only have 2 - 3 stations in the city that have it
    Can yall buy fuel and have it shipped to house like we can do here in the states with race fuels? Then you can just buy and blend yourself.

dtuerk is offline [OP]
    Driver's Ed
    Most Motocross racers around where I live get barrels of VP Racing Fuel, It is brutally expensive though so its not really practical to run in a car...

I'm not sure if I would be able to buy ethanol by the barrel or not... that's a very good point you've made

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.