Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2011 Transmission swap

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JS73 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I have a 2011 Cruze LTZ with the 1.4 and Auto trans. It has around 100k miles. I ended up getting the car pretty cheap because the transmission is toast. I have been looking for a used trans to swap in and am curious about a couple things. The ID code on the trans in it now is 1CFW and I have not been able to find a used one. I have found several trans from 2012 models for relatively cheap with ID code 2JFW. Question is, will my original TCM work with the 2JFW trans and would i have any other big issues using a 2012 trans. Thank you all in advance for any advise.

#3 ·
Thank you for the advice. I didnt have a facebook, but i got one yesterday to try and contact Dave, however, I have tried to join the Cruzetalk group on FB and have been denied twice. I'm guessing because my FB is blank. Do you know of any other way to contact him?

#4 ·
We get spam requests all the time and you were probably filtered out as one of those. I believe he had a thread here too, but I couldn't find it or remember the title of it. PM me your name and send a join request again and I'll add you to the FB group.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.