Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

failed clutch and engine overheat!!!

10K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  CruzeTech 
#1 ·
So I was headed to work this morning on the highway, the clutch let out and engine overheated. This ought to be interesting.

#6 ·
Did they give you a rental?

#5 ·
They've had it for a week and a half. Something's definitely wrong - either with your car or with the dealership.

#9 ·
Guaranteed they will look at the car as close as possible with an intake and exhaust on it.

#20 ·
Wizard Sleeves,
Thank you for the update. I am very happy to hear that you have had your Cruze repaired! If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime.
Thank you,
Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

#15 ·
And fyi The intake and exhaust was a concern for me and that was the first thing i asked about when they towed it in. the service adviser said "everyone puts intakes on they don't hurt anything and as long as an exhaust is not restrictive it is no reason to void warranty" and that is the only thing i ever heard about the intake or exhaust.

#18 ·
That's what I was thinking too. Although prepping a new long-block vs. repairing what was there in place, it's likely about the same cost-wise. Engine cost vs. a few days of labor and a loaner for the week.

#21 ·
From the look of that service ticket, the underlying problem was a loose nut in the crankcase. Everything else that was done was to repair the damage that occured when the nut came off.

#23 ·
I'm impressed your dealer was completely cool with your modifications.

Some dealers would figure out a way to blame a broken flywheel bolt on a catback exhaust system.. lol. Ridiculous.

#26 ·
Wow! I hope GM is doing something nice besides a loaner for you, such as making a payment or three. You've effectively been without a car for two months. I know I'd be pressing them to cover my payments given the length of time the car's been out of service.

#29 ·
LOL yeah it has been one big headache but you got to give GM props for not giving me any heartache over the issue. I just got her back an hour ago with her new engine drive home was 50 miles and she runs like champ. This new engine is way stronger than the first engine that was in her when she was brand new. so hopefully this is the end of my headaches for a while.

#31 ·
I can almost guarantee the end play was set wrong on the crankshaft during installation, and it crank walked.

This is about the only explanation for them installing a new crank and deciding to replace the entire engine 100 miles later.

Either way, glad its fixed for you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.