I heard you guys want a turbo kit... - Page 5
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: I heard you guys want a turbo kit...

Handbrake Released
    Any turbo options for the 1.4 it's cool to know the 1.8 is getting some love

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by papoose42 View Post
    Any turbo options for the 1.4 it's cool to know the 1.8 is getting some love
    I really doubt the 1.8 is going to get any love...
    God put obvious limitations on our intelligence...but none whatsoever on our stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritts View Post
    I really doubt the 1.8 is going to get any love...
    Well ur commenting on a turbo for the 1.8 how is that not love with some shown hp numbers its getting loved by the cruzers over sea

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    With the trouble of putting a turbo on the 1.8 Cruze why not wait for the Diesel which already has 160hp and 266 ft lbs torque before any tune work is done. And it has full warranty as well. I have an auto and the manual is even butter but the other half only drives auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
    With the trouble of putting a turbo on the 1.8 Cruze why not wait for the Diesel which already has 160hp and 266 ft lbs torque before any tune work is done. And it has full warranty as well. I have an auto and the manual is even butter but the other half only drives auto.
    Well, the first problem would be that the people who are most excited for the 1.8 Turbo, already drive the 1.8. If we were that concerned, I think most of us would have tried to sell our 1.8s for a 1.4t.

Secondly, there are still issues with diesel. It's still tied back to carcinogens in the emissions, not to mention it doesn't evaporate, you should wear gloves pumping it etc. Personally, as fuel efficient as it is, I won't find myself driving a diesel car ever.

Lastly, 240hp/320hp is still more than 160! I find that well worth the trouble. I suppose I like to tinker though.
    iKermit, iCruze1.8 and Calintz like this.
    2013 Cruze 2LT w/ RS Package
    2012 Cruze LS (oCRUZEo) -
    Traded in on 07/25/2013

Follow me on twitter! @iamjoshmahoney

Quote Originally Posted by oMAHONEYo View Post
    Secondly, there are still issues with diesel. It's still tied back to carcinogens in the emissions, not to mention it doesn't evaporate, you should wear gloves pumping it etc. Personally, as fuel efficient as it is, I won't find myself driving a diesel car ever.
    Lol...

'12 Cruze Eco 6M Topaz Blue

oh i thought that was an upgrade kit for the 1.4
    ADDICTED TO TURBO
    http://www.facebook.com/christophercroninvfib

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    Well ur commenting on a turbo for the 1.8 how is that not love with some shown hp numbers its getting loved by the cruzers over sea

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Let me clarify--
    First I'll just be surprised if anyone actually builds a turbo kit for the 1.8. And second, I'll be even more surprised if it doesn't sell for $4000.00 or more for a dependable system. I doubt the clutch nor the transmission would stand up to a turbo without modifications either.

Don't get me wrong I want a turbo, but if it's too expensive or too much of a head ache to install, you'd be better off trading up to a 1.4 or going for a turbo 2.0 Verano.
    God put obvious limitations on our intelligence...but none whatsoever on our stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gritts View Post
    Let me clarify--
    First I'll just be surprised if anyone actually builds a turbo kit for the 1.8. And second, I'll be even more surprised if it doesn't sell for $4000.00 or more for a dependable system. I doubt the clutch nor the transmission would stand up to a turbo without modifications either.

Don't get me wrong I want a turbo, but if it's too expensive or too much of a head ache to install, you'd be better off trading up to a 1.4 or going for a turbo 2.0 Verano.
    maybe you should read this thread,the turbo kit will most likely be under 2000 and there planning a high boost 320hp and low boost kit 250hp,the 250hp is the limit on the stock tranny and for the trouble to get the 1.4 to that power your gonna have just as much fun with the 1.8 since its the same tranny,its gonna be a good option for sure

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    maybe you should read this thread,the turbo kit will most likely be under 2000 and there planning a high boost 320hp and low boost kit 250hp,the 250hp is the limit on the stock tranny and for the trouble to get the 1.4 to that power your gonna have just as much fun with the 1.8 since its the same tranny,its gonna be a good option for sure
    I think the OP said he wanted to keep the price around $2000.00. I hope it will be two thousand (if it becomes available). I just doubt it because, I've never seen one offered at that price.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast