Pioneer upgrade sucks - Page 4
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pioneer upgrade sucks

I would have to disagree. The system doesn't suck, I find it to be exactly what I paid for. It's not going to be concert quality and nowhere does it state it will be. For a stock system, it is pretty well off considering the price of it. It will definitely "suck" if you expect it to be audiophile quality. If you want that, don't be dumb and order the system that clearly isn't what you are looking for.
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. Street built TEP transmission. Upgraded ratio -3.29. Custom Tuned. Trans Cooler. 3" ZZP Catted downpipe, Magnaflow Cat-back.
    2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT. Navigation/MyLink. 2LT Conv Pack. Manual trans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Hmm.. I bought a 2012 LT RS with the Pioneer and it is awesome... Go listen to the stereo in a Corrola, Focus, Civic, Lancer, or anything else in this class and the Cruze is crushing it... If you want a loud system aftermarket is the only option... Go get a pair of 12s and about a 1000w amp, should do the trick lol
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    -Chase Toole-

What does Bitrate mean ?

If you guys are playing through a cd, I would check the bit rate of the audio files that you burned on them.
    Me and my brother have put systems in our older vehicles. It usto bother me that with the same vehicle, our two tracks would sound completely different.

It doesn't seem like much, but if you listen to music through quality headphones you can hear big differences on all levels.
    The same applies with speakers, if they're higher quality speakers and you play lesser bit rate tracks, you will be able to hear more "muddy bass" than you would with lower quality speakers...

Sorry if this post is a weird format, this is my first time ever being on a forum.

Learning about my Cruze
    Queencitypr0 - Would you be able to capture the wiring diagrams from your website as PDF's? The scanned JPG's are quite readable. Thanks.
    Last edited by rodneyiii; 02-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    2013 Cruze 1LT w/ RS, All Star, Enhanced Safety, Convenience, Technology packages. Dealer added Chrome body side molding.

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifiltez View Post
    What does Bitrate mean ?

If you guys are playing through a cd, I would check the bit rate of the audio files that you burned on them.
    Me and my brother have put systems in our older vehicles. It usto bother me that with the same vehicle, our two tracks would sound completely different.

It doesn't seem like much, but if you listen to music through quality headphones you can hear big differences on all levels.
    The same applies with speakers, if they're higher quality speakers and you play lesser bit rate tracks, you will be able to hear more "muddy bass" than you would with lower quality speakers...

Sorry if this post is a weird format, this is my first time ever being on a forum.
    Unfortunately, there is more to this than just bitrate, although I would agree it does make a big difference. The stock system has a significant dip in frequency response in the vocal range, a weak midbass, an overly shouty speaker, and and a weak top end above 8khz. It's not a very good design, but it is cheap.
    Starks8 and ifiltez like this.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRevolution View Post
    Unfortunately, there is more to this than just bitrate, although I would agree it does make a big difference. The stock system has a significant dip in frequency response in the vocal range, a weak midbass, an overly shouty speaker, and and a weak top end above 8khz. It's not a very good design, but it is cheap.
    I've only had one other car and I changed out the speakers rite away. I was thinking about trading mine in for the all-star edition, but so far I'm liking the speakers in my LT. Thank you so much for the info!

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ifiltez View Post
    I've only had one other car and I changed out the speakers rite away. I was thinking about trading mine in for the all-star edition, but so far I'm liking the speakers in my LT. Thank you so much for the info!
    The Pioneer system that you'll find in the all-star edition is not worth the extra price. Get the all-star package if you want the sunroof, but that's it. You'd be much better off adding a subwoofer and new speakers yourself than you would with the Pioneer system.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

I think the Pioneer system is great. Raised an eyebrow after hearing it from the factory, but once I spent time tweaking the EQ and fade, I think it sounds perfect.
    2012 Cruze RS-T 6M
    Performance
    - Tuned for E85 @ 24psi, 440cc Bosch Injectors, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, CXRacing FMIC, ZZP Down and Catted Midpipe, Forge BOV, K&N Typhoon SRI, Custom Magnaflow Catback, Big 3 Ground Kit, Mobil 1 Oil, RP 75w90 Trans Fluid.
    Exterior - Plastidip Wheels, Stripes, Rear Chrome, RS badge relocation

210hp/270tq on E85.
    OnlyTaurus's Build Thread

November 2012 Cruze Of The Month
    March 2013 Member Of The Month

I'm Building the Very First... Cruze SS!

World Rally Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTaurus View Post
    I think the Pioneer system is great. Raised an eyebrow after hearing it from the factory, but once I spent time tweaking the EQ and fade, I think it sounds perfect.
    I think the same thing about the standard factory stereo, if one adjusts the settings a bit it sounds much better than most other cars in the class. At $445 extra($1345 on the 1LT with the all star package, otherwise its not an available option) for nothing more than amped low frequency 6X9's the money is better spent adding a real sub.

At that price one could just buy the Plug & play powered 10inch kicker makes for $699. For $1200 you could buy the complete kicker setup which includes the sub & also adds a DSP/amp for the other inside speakers. Obviously these prices are higher than one could build a custom setup but being plug & play with a very clean install look, seems like a decent price to pay.

Lifetime: 10.5 cents per mile @ $3.73 average price over 56K miles

Quote Originally Posted by 20131pz69 View Post
    also wanted to make a note. When I play music via Bluetooth, the quality's much better than via AUX (not 100% sure about USB).
    Bluetooth>Aux? That's not what I've found at all. The Aux is louder and much clearer sounding IMO. Although...... I'm thinking of "Aux" being my iPod connector. Are you referring to the headphone jack cable?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    -2013 Black Granite Metallic 2LT RS M6-

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast