Pioneer upgrade sucks
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pioneer upgrade sucks

Driver's Ed

Pioneer upgrade sucks

2012 with upgraded pioneer. I see the amp in the trunk is there a wire diagram and an easy way to tie into the wires at the stock amp to replace it with an aftermarket amp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Duke of Oil

Where the stars and stripes and eagles fly.
    Replacing the amp will not improve anything. You need to replace the speakers as well. This is not an issue related to a lack of power.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

Handbrake Released
    cruze wire diagram.jpg

Here is the pioneer diagram

I have to agree, I just picked up a 13 cruze with the Pioneer stereo and it sucks. I could do something better from the JC Whitney catalog! Standard set up is better. No amount of fiddling with settings works, Hardly any volume even when turned all the way up and the only sound from the back is muddled base even with base turned down to -7!!!!
    13 Cyber Gray Cruze LT RS Auto

Quote Originally Posted by David1 View Post
    I have to agree, I just picked up a 13 cruze with the Pioneer stereo and it sucks. I could do something better from the JC Whitney catalog! Standard set up is better. No amount of fiddling with settings works, Hardly any volume even when turned all the way up and the only sound from the back is muddled base even with base turned down to -7!!!!
    how is the standard raido better? ive had both and the standard radio is terrible. the pioneer isnt great but ill take it over the standard radio anyday. little sound from rear doors with both radios

Duke of Oil

Quote Originally Posted by jdubb11 View Post
    how is the standard raido better? ive had both and the standard radio is terrible. the pioneer isnt great but ill take it over the standard radio anyday. little sound from rear doors with both radios
    It would appear that those who don't like the "boomy" sound that the rear 6x9 subwoofers produce would rather have the base system. It seems that it's not very easy to adjust that bass volume.

"When freedom is at odds with government policy, one of two things eventually happens: Either freedom is crushed, or political leaders are forced out in disgrace and replaced with guardians of individual liberty."

"...the Supreme Court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms exists independently of the Second Amendment...the Bill of Rights is a reminder to the government, not [an] authorization..."

I like base, but not low quality muddy base with a lousy front sound staging. This system sounds very monoish to me if that makes sense. I also just tried a good CD for the first time and the system was much better. I would say the sound quality from XM is the worst with FM sound in the middle. I have tone adjusted for all the modes to. My other cars have Hardon Karmon with suround sound and those systems rock.

I wonder if getting some better tweeters and better 6x9's with dual voice coils would help.

Duke of Oil

I like base, but not low quality muddy base with a lousy front sound staging. This system sounds very monoish to me if that makes sense. I also just tried a good CD for the first time and the system was much better. I would say the sound quality from XM is the worst with FM sound in the middle. I have tone adjusted for all the modes to. My other cars have Hardon Karmon with suround sound and those systems rock.

I wonder if getting some better tweeters and better 6x9's with dual voice coils would help.
    Number of voice coils have zero effect on sound quality. They are usually used to offer additional impedance options for amplification purposes.

XM and FM will sound terrible. CD and Aux will sound better, with USB being best. That's just the way it works, as the bandwidth for XM and FM are quite low. I can barely tolerate Pandora through my phone compared to USB.

The tweeters both play completely off-axis, so the top end will fall off and you'll have less of that "sparkle." Besides that, the tweeters aren't very good from the factory. Then again, keep in mind who you're talking to, lol. I design home theater speakers on the side, so I pick up on everything that's missing.

If you want to improve sound, the first two steps would be to add a front component set and some door treatment. A subwoofer would also be recommended. It is my firm belief that if you want better-than-stock sound, you are much, much better off upgrading with aftermarket components than you are paying extra for the Pioneer system. For that extra $500-$700 that people pay for that upgrade, you can get sound quality that will blow your mind.

Its basically a free option with the allstar package. I guess I was expecting to much from it. GM could have at lease put a little more effort into it.

Resident Forum Drunkard
    Its basically a free option with the allstar package. I guess I was expecting to much from it. GM could have at lease put a little more effort into it.
    GM tries to give us quality . it is the quality of the made in china products introduced into our assembly plants . pioneer once was a quality company . now not so much .
    Last edited by brian v; 02-02-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Enduring ,Veteran Retired . Over 90 Jumps ..when you get to stop counting .

Knuckle Buster . !!!

Rocket Science .

So Live your Life that the fear of Death can never enter your Heart .

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast