iOS6.1 and your Cruze
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: iOS6.1 and your Cruze

Driver's Ed

Thumbs up iOS6.1 and your Cruze

Good afternoon all,

Apple released iOS6.1 today and much to my surprise, it looks like they killed that obnoxious "accessory connected" lockout screen when you go into your ipod app. Now I'm able to control playback from the phone itself and not forced to use the stock stereo controls. I've also noticed that the phone's interaction with the stereo is much smoother especially in the stereo menus and such. I now have full access to all my playlists where I didn't before. (I'm an iTunes Match user, so it has always operated a little differently for me)

Has anybody noticed a change in the way their iPhone operates now with the new 6.1 OS?
    jblackburn likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Awesome, "accessory connected" always drove me crazy!... I'll have to check tonight when I get off work!
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze RS- 18" Rims- 6k HID Headlights & Foglights- K&N SRI- Trifecta Tune- Autumn Metallic

Resident Tater Salad

THANK THE APPLE GODS.

That stuff is so annoying. Mine just updated tonight, so haven't had a chance to try it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Driver's Ed
    Good to know the wife just told me there was a update, downloading as I'm typing.

Resident Tater Salad

You can do multiple things at once?!??

Must be nice to have something other than a 4 that lags like crazy whenever it's updating things.

Mine took 30 minutes to install and reboot...AFTER it downloaded and processed in the background.

Feels so naked not having a working phone for that long.

tecollins1 and Sunline Fan like this.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

I'll have to check this out tomorrow when I'll have a chance to update.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

Driver's Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    You can do multiple things at once?!??

Must be nice to have something other than a 4 that lags like crazy whenever it's updating things.

Mine took 30 minutes to install and reboot...AFTER it downloaded and processed in the background.

Feels so naked not having a working phone for that long.

Yeah I have a 4S and it still took about 30 mins. (The delta update was only 80-something megs) But anyway, I'm very impressed.

I can't wait to update mine when I get home (4S)... That accessory connected screen always drove me nuts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2012 Cruze LT 1SB package
    Black Granite with black on black interior
    17% tint all around
    GM Turbo badge
    digital/analogue boost gauge
    K&N short-ram intake

KCCO!!!

I just wish GM would release software updates that would fix annoying things such as the ability to pause the iPod when playing it in the Cruze. Mine has never worked. I might be playing music from my 5 more though because my old iPod classic doesn't like the cold weather and resets every time I start the car.
    2011 LS MT | Eiback Pro Kit | Injen CAI | Klearz Side markers | Carbon Fiber overlay Bowties | Debadged | Upgraded headlight harness | Kenwood 12"

Part of the problem with the connected interface could be the device. Don't blame the car. Both Apple and GM need to work together to make various features work.
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast