Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cabin Speaker Upgrades

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bostonboy 
#1 ·
Long story short I have a 2014 1lt rs with the pioneer package.
Already installed an aftermarket sundown audio 12" sub and rf amp and I like the bass I'm getting now I want to upgrade my door speakers.

Anyone know of any plug and play speakers that I can add for a little more quality and depth in place of the factory door speakers without purchasing another amp and having to run more wiring?

#4 ·
#7 ·
To answer your question. No, you dont have to match the impedence of the factory speakers since they are driven straight off of the amp. They are all over the place ohm wise with the Pioneer setup. The 6x9s are 2 ohm, front doors are 4 ohm and the rear doors are 6 ohm. Older MB Quart speakers make a nice upgrade in SQ, especially using the 25mm titanium tweets in place of the factory tweets. The factory tweets are junk.

#8 ·
While mb quarts are better drivers than factory for the same amount of money you can get a much better set up. Brian V posted madisound I also recommend parts express or meniscus. I personally like meniscus better than the other 2 just because they are smaller and I like helping the little guys they also price match madisound.
The titanium tweets from MB quart IMO are way to angry and aggressive I prefer soft domes. Xtreme has done the home work for everyone that doesn't understand how to pick and or match drivers. If you are just gonna drop speakers in and expect better sound without an amp or tuning you are mistaken. The factory headunit has a chip set that has a heck of alot of tuning in it. When you just through new drivers in it you will create all sorts of peaks and valleys since the original tune was set up for a completely different driver.
My suggestion is pull up xtremes threads on car stereo and educate your self a bit on real free information that isn't tainted by a company trying to sell you something.

#9 · (Edited)
I wanted to try this > GM # 19329796 Rear Compartment Speaker 200 Watt Sub Genuine GM Accessories But worried for a few reasons. 1st will it work on the pioneer stereo? 2nd I wonder if it will counter the factory bass? Like make more bass but not in sync with the factory bass. AKA sounds not good. 3rd to much money for this unit too IMO but will look to see if it drops in price when the cruze is redesigned
GM 19329796 Rear Compartment Speaker 200 Watt Sub Genuine GM Accessories | eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.