2013 Eco, let the mods begin....
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Thread: 2013 Eco, let the mods begin....

Handbrake Released

2013 Eco, let the mods begin....

I'm a chronic modifier. Can't leave well enough alone. Beings a brand new car it's going to be a little more challenging but not impossible to do what I am thinking.

I want to add factory heated seats. I'll get some used seats out of a salvage 2013 but my questions are:

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for a 2013? Where in the world can I get one?

Does anyone know if the supporting wiring is there to add heated seats or will I be building / swapping a harness?

Does anyone know if the heated seats are controlled by the body control module or is it a stand alone system?

Thanks for any input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I'm pretty sure you can get heated seats dealer installed on a 2013. It would probably be cheaper that building your own and possibly frying something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Handbrake Released
    Yeah the dealer said they take the car to "Car Toys" and have them install the aftermarket heated seats.

I am not interested in the aftermarket solution.

I'll figure it out once I can get my hands on the wiring schematics for the 13'.

No worries about burning stuff up. I've been doing advanced mods to cars for a long time as well as adding options not available in the states and making them work 100%.
    An example is I recoded my old Mini Cooper S to have roll up / roll down windows via the factory remote with only modifying code in the modules of the car. The feature IS available in the rest of the world. I was also able to fully add the Multifunction Steering wheel and have it work 100%. Reading and understanding schematics and how data bus works on cars is key.

We'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kobowm View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can get heated seats dealer installed on a 2013. It would probably be cheaper that building your own and possibly frying something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Super Moderator

Upgrade the horn and headlights. I've run a headlight harness on the OEM headlights for over a year now with no issues. It also makes the headlights appear white without using blue-tinted bulbs. The OEM Eco horn is junk. I have a pair of Fiamm horns on the way I'll be making another harness for.

Oh, fog lights and color-matched sharkfin antenna too!
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Can you disable our drl's for us?
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements