Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Oil change notification on infotainment center

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 ·
This happened this past week on my 2012 Chevy Cruze --

"This is your
car speaking. Help!! I need an oil change. Take me to Jiffy Lube Now" It didn't actually speak, the words just appeared & scrolled on the infotainment screen. At first I thought it was an ad from the radio station (not Satellite), but it's been there for days now. I don't how it got there or how to delete it.

#4 ·
Did it want your SSAN, address, and Mother's maiden name?

Reactions: obermd
#9 ·
Here's 2 pix showing the msg - taken on Tues April 14.

View attachment 142801 View attachment 142809
It's an advertisement from the radio station. Instead of sending out the song information on the sub-channel they're sending out a paid advertisement. My only question is does this station also play commercials or do they have a commercial free format and this is how they're paying for the station.

#11 ·
Now that this has started I wonder how long other stations start using the RDS channel for advertising.

#12 ·
I'm wondering if the local FM stations here even have the equipment to send the RDS out, since they aren't sending the song information now. Can't wait for an ad to show up on Black Betty's screens? SWMBO will go bonkers.

#14 ·
We big cities have that stuff and this sure did mess with the OP's head .
1 can only speculate how much Goofie stuff we''ll get now that RDS will become more prevelant . And to the average undereducated dumbskill .

#16 · (Edited)
XM has not sent out any promotional stuff other than that Neutered promotions about the DJ or special performances by certain talents ..

​XM ..

#17 ·
XM has not sent out any promotional stuff other that Neutered promotions about the DJ or special performances by certain talents ..

​XM ..
.. costs money.

#19 ·
Yeah, you can turn RDS off on my car too. It will also let you search the RDS channels by category, or genre. I guess that's for when you are away from your normal listening area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.