Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts

43K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  mechguy78 
#1 · (Edited)
My philosophy is that great sound quality should not cost a fortune, and that you can achieve excellent results without spending large amounts of money if you have a good design. This products offered on in this thread are intended to help you achieve great results in your car without breaking the bank. My advice and expertise is, as always, free of charge. I will keep an active list of the products I have in stock at the bottom of this page.

Custom Subwoofer Boxes/Enclosures

I charge a flat rate for most custom subwoofer enclosures:
Single 10"-12": $195 + Shipping
Dual 10"-12": $225 + Shipping

Anything outside of those categories will be quoted on a case by case basis. Shipping is expected to cost $40-$75, depending on location. Please see the following thread for more additional information and free design services: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-audio-electronics/6206-xtremerevolutions-subwoofer-boxes.html All subwoofer boxes are made to order and are designed specifically around the subwoofer being used, the music it is intended to play, and your specific system goals.

Custom Fiberglass Enclosures

See this thread for more information:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-a...ss-subwoofer-boxes-enclosures.html#post345882

Speaker Adapters/Baffles

Currently, the only options I am aware of for speaker adapters are the flimsy plastic ones you can buy from Scoche or other manufacturers. I make custom MDF speaker adapters/baffles at a rate of $65 shipped per pair. This price includes 4 strips of gasket tape for sealing the adapter to the door and the speaker to the adapter, 12 self-drilling sheet metal screws for mounting the adapter to the door, and 12 coarse thread, pan head black screws for mounting the speakers. If you order a pair of baffles and a subwoofer enclosure, I will knock $10 off of the price as I will no longer need to pay for shipping separately.

Be advised that you will need to have a drill to make full-size holes for the sheet metal screws to pass through and pilot holes for the speaker screws. The sheet metal screws will leave holes in your door should you decide to remove them. Some have expressed concerns related to moisture with my baffles. My method of minimizing the risk of water damage is to coat them with a 60/40 mixture of wood glue and water. Once dried, this creates a fairly good seal. All baffles are made to order and will be created specifically for the cutout diameter of the driver you are using. The tolerances are very close!

XtremeRevolution's Subwoofer Kits

Due to very high demand for subwoofers and enclosures that require minimal install effort and have minimal space requirements, I've decided to offer complete kits. Pictures will be posted soon.

8" SQ Kit: $370 + Shipping
This kit includes:
  • Tang Band 8" High Excursion Neodymium subwoofer mounted into:
  • A handmade enclosure, carpeted to match the Cruze trunk. External dimensions are 10" H x 11.5" W x 10" D (0.35 cubic feet internal). Custom dimensions are available.
  • A Massive Audio NX2 compact amplifier.
This kit is designed to add accurate, musical bass to your Cruze without sounding boomy, distorted, or overbearing. It is primarily designed for natural, dynamic bass recorded before 1999, although it will also play synthetic bass (rap, dubstep, etc.) on occasion. It is designed to blend with your front speakers to fill in the 20hz-100hz spectrum with tight, tonally accurate bass. This kit is not designed to rattle your mirrors or produce excessively loud volumes. If you just want some high quality bass presence in your car without breaking the bank, this kit is for you.

Dual 8" SQ Kit: $530 + Shipping
This kit includes:
  • 2 Tang Band 8" High Excursion Neodymium subwoofers mounted into:
  • A handmade enclosure with an internal brace, carpeted to match the Cruze trunk. External dimensions are 18" H x 11.5" W x 10.5" D (~0.73 cubic feet internal). Custom dimensions are available.
  • A Massive Audio N2 compact amplifier.
This kit is designed around the same sound quality and musical goals as the system above, but with a higher output capability. It is designed to be installed vertically and mounted to the support beam that sits behind the rear seats. In this format, it uses only a 11.5" x 10.5" footprint while providing merely 8% less output than a decent 12" subwoofer such as the 12" Alpine Type-R (in a sealed alignment). Since space on top of a subwoofer enclosure is rarely utilized, this has roughly the same footprint as the single 8" box, with twice the output. If you are looking for a higher output subwoofer kit that uses very little actual trunk space while providing excellent sound quality, this kit is for you.

8" "SQL" Kit: $490 + Shipping
This kit includes:
  • Tang Band 8" High Excursion Neodymium subwoofer mounted into:
  • A handmade enclosure with an internal brace and a double flared "aero" port. External dimensions are 10" H x 22" W x 8" D (~0.56 cubic feet internal).
  • A Massive Audio N3 compact amplifier
This is similar to the single 8" SQ kit, but with some extra emphasis on the bottom end of the bass spectrum for the deep synthetic bass notes you find in rap and dubstep. In more technical terms, output is about 65-90% higher from 25hz to 55hz. It is more suitable for those kinds of music, but will still play all other types of music accurately and smoothly. If you listen primarily to newer music (post 1999) with lots of synthetic bass such as rap and dubstep, this is the kit for you. This kit will also add extra depth to some pop and country. If you listen primiarly to music recorded before 1999, I would recommend one of the SQ kits. Do not confuse this kit with a "boomy" bass kit, as it is very carefully designed for sound quality and output in mind. This will sound tigheter and more accurate than some sealed enclosure subwoofers.

Currently in Stock:
Nothing...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Big Three Kits

These are used for upgrading your Alternator Power wire to your positive terminal battery, Neg terminal wire to the chassis, and engine block wire to the chassis, also known as the "Big 3" upgrade.

Things to know about the Big 3 Upgrade:
Helps the battery recharge faster by allowing more current flow - needed for cars with a second battery to support additional load.
Puts less strain on electrical system by having less restrictive/bigger wire with less resistance.
Reduces the amount of light dimming and voltage drop from high powered audio systems or extra accessories.
Improves strength of spark on spark plugs.
Improves current flow during engine startup, extending starter life.

These kits will be already cut to length with soldered copper terminals, making
this a very simple bolt-on project. These are designed to last as long or longer than the OEM cables.

The kit includes:
OFC (oxygen free copper) wiring - NOT CCA
Soldered copper terminals
Zip ties for cable management
M8 1.25 x 16mm Hex Bolt

Pricing:
$60 For the 4 Gauge
(features 2058 Tinned Strands. 11mm / 8mm)
$80 For the 1/0 Gauge (features 5145 Tinned Strands. 16mm / 12mm)
(
shipping is included in the price)
The color will be black to help blend in the engine bay and to try to keep it looking stock as possible.

Wire Cable Technology Electronic device Electronics accessory
Tool

Cable Wire Technology Electronic device Electronics accessory
Material property Cable

Wire Electronics Technology Electronic device Cable

Because oversized cables are being used, 2/0 gauge terminals will be used for the 1/0 cable and 2 gauge terminals will be used for the 4 gauge cable to get everything to fit properly.

"Oxygen free copper" takes out 99.9% of oxygen from the copper, and makes it resistant to corrosion. The wires also run at much lower temps.

#5 ·
Built the box for the single 8" SQ kit so you guys would see what this looks like.

To give you an overview, the boxes are all carpeted by hand. It's probably the most time consuming part of building a box, so keep that in mind when you look at these pictures. My work there is pretty much perfect. I use gold plated terminal cups on the box, and every wire is soldered, on the terminals and on the subwoofers (unless there are spring/screw terminals built into the sub). This ensures that the wires will never come loose. The sub is lined on the mounting point with speaker gasket tape to ensure a perfect seal, and the box is designed with a flush mount to help protect the sub and for aesthetics.

#6 · (Edited)
8" SQ Kit In the trunk:

And since I know you guys love seeing subs in action, here's a video I took on my phone. The phone's microphone was clipping from the bass volume, so it will sound pretty bad in the recording, but you'll get an idea of the excursion this sub has.

#7 ·
Nice clean good work man ,,,,, Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen......

#12 ·
Hey everyone! Just wanted to make an announcement. April is Autism Awareness Month, and in honor of that, I will be doing something special. For every order that is placed in the month of April, I will make a donation to the Autism Research Institute.

For baffles or 8" sub kits, I will donate $5 per order
For standard rate sub boxes or boxes up to $300, I will donate $10 per box
For boxes over $300, I will donate $15 per box

This will come out of what I charge for the boxes, and isn't an additional charge that I will be tacking on. I will work as hard as I can to fulfill orders placed this month as soon as possible, but if I do get a very large volume of orders, please understand that it may take me 2-3 months to complete yours. I will do my best to get them out as soon as possible.

#17 ·
Please note that for those of you out there with the 1.8L engine, the install is a little different. I have a kit at home and will work on installing and trying to make an install video to post along with Terry's, along with revised measurements in case the current kit's cables are too long/short.

#18 ·
Got some exciting news for you guys. I have a new partnership for affordable mobile audio products. Within the next month, I should have...drumroll...

Fiberglass sub boxes, which are designed to fit in the driver rear corner of the trunk, built to the same quality standards as my own boxes, and a LOT cheaper and better sounding than the Kicker kit.

The waiting is over guys. An "out of the way," corner mounted sub box is finally coming.

Send me a PM if you want to be one of the first to buy one and I'll get you down for one of the first boxes.

#27 ·
Because I haven't yet found a sub with enough motor strength to do what this sub can. Tang Band drivers are very big in the home theater DIY arena. You get a much higher quality product for a cheaper price because you don't have the fancy name brand logo to go with it.

I think it's tuned to somewhere in the high 30s.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#32 ·
Hey Xtreme.... I'm wanting to put a set of these Hertz hsk 165xl in my front doors was wondering if you have any advice on an amp and install tips? It will be going in my 2014 diesel cruze that I have on order! Maybe I will need some of those awesome baffles you make! Here's a link to the set.

HERTZ by Elettromedia - Special Car Stereo

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I was looking at Hertz too, a while back. They are super expensive and you can get better speakers for a better value.

Instead, I ended up with a component set of Image Dynamics CTX 6.5cs for 165 shipped after XR highly recommended them, and let me tell you, they are nothing short of spectacular.

#35 · (Edited)
Oh one more thing those hertz have really good mid bass which is a must do to i need all my trunk space and cannot have a sub back there! Do these silver Flutes also have good mid bass? And how will I go active for so cheap do you know of a cheap active crossover? Sorry for all the questions.... I'm just anxious to get my new cruze and start customizing it to my liking!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.