I can see (OEM fog light install)
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I can see (OEM fog light install)

Learning about my Cruze

I can see (OEM fog light install)

So I wanted fog lights but refused to pay what the dealer wanted. I did some searching and found a vendor online that had the OEM kit and scooped it up for $190 bucks. It turns out all Cruzes have the ability to integrate the fog light kit offered on the more expensive models.

The kit comes with a new headlight switch, a small harness, new front trim pieces cut for the fog lights, and both right and left fog lights with bulbs.

I must say the instructions SUCKED! But I made it through with out to many problems.

The hardest part was making myself tear the bumper off of my brand new car... lol

Face off...

Old trim piece removed.

new trim and light in place

back side.

I can SEE! (crappy iphone pick) fogs only with marker lights

Fogs and low beams

The fogs almost double the low beam out put. It should get even better when I eventually put HID's in to replace the stock bulbs.

OH and to make a note, the stock fog bulbs are H8's. NOT H11's list previously stated here.

And one picture for shits and giggles of the stock pre airbox intake system.
    Last edited by bpipe95; 11-08-2010 at 10:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

omg i've been asking around and trying to figure that out myself. bpipe i <3 you for taking the dive on this. can you pm me the link for the kit you bought?

Handbrake Released
    good job dude!!! you ended up saving money and you didnt need to give more money to the dealership. im sure a lot of people here are going to ask you for a diy on how you did this and where you bought it from.

Learning about my Cruze
    Thanks guys, Here is the GM part number: 96983696
    And here is the vendor that has them. 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Fog Lamp Kit Genuine GM Brand New!: eBay Motors (item 400153024537 end time Nov-09-10 12:49:29 PST)

Everyone I contacted other than this guy, says they are on back order. It is a GM dealer, they must have ordered kits before the demand went up. Be sure to message him via ebay to confirm he still has the kits in stock before you buy it now. The instructions were pictures only so you need to slow down and take your time.

Learning about my Cruze
    Nice job Thanks for the writeup!

Maybe time to start a DIY forum for the Cruze?

Learning about my Cruze
    Tonight was the first real test. WOW what an improvement. I highly suggest this to all cruze owners.

Learning about my Cruze
    Picked up my Cruze today and because the stealership messed up I get my fogs for free. Just a quick question though, why did you remove the whole cover when you can remove the flat cover under the front of the bumper to gain access? Granted, not as open but sure prevents any mistakes.

Learning about my Cruze
    There was just not enough room to work if the bumper is not removed. Some screws on the trim pieces are would be a real bitch to get at. The bumper comes off quite easily.

Handbrake Released
    so if i understand this the fog lights were only included in the RS package . i was told they were not available from the factory at all unless the rs package was ordered so are they available ? or just from gm accessories kit?

Handbrake Released
    he didnt get the kit from chevy. he bought it off a seller from ebay. as far as i know the foglights are only available on the rs package and not available as a separate option.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.