Sub/Amp Install
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub/Amp Install

Driver's Ed

Sub/Amp Install

I'm pretty new to the forum and I think this is my first thread.. Anyway, I own a '11 blue metallic cruze ltz and thought some people might want to see some pics of a sub/amp install.

I just dropped off my car about an hour ago to have both an 1800watt mono kenwood amp and two kenwood 400watt rms subwoofers installed. I have all stock speakers with no 6x9s in the back. I plan to upgrade all of the speakers here soon.

Anyway, here are the pics (My car isn't very clean btw.. I'm gonna clean/wash it today):

Last edited by jrharden; 06-08-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: PICTURES!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jrharden View Post
    I'm pretty new to the forum and I think this is my first thread.. Anyway, I own a '11 blue metallic cruze ltz and thought some people might want to see some pics of a sub/amp install.

I just dropped off my car about an hour ago to have both an 1800watt mono kenwood amp and two kenwood 400watt rms subwoofers installed. I'll post some pictures when I get my car back here later today and let everyone know how it sounds. I have all stock speakers with no 6x9s in the back.
    Did you get your car? Post some pictures

pictures?

Driver's Ed
    I got the car back the day I made the thread. I just haven't had time to get the pics yet. It's dark out now, but I'll upload them tomorrow!

Driver's Ed
    I just got a 10" put in my car. The amp is putting out 1100 rms but my lights dim a lot. Have you done anything to help with that yet, or do your lights not dim at all?

Resident Secret Lover
    Install a Capacitor. It will remedy your lighting problem.
    No longer own a Cruze and still help where I can, message me anytime, for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME
    We are more than enthusiasts. We are Believers.
    Now running a 2013 Malibu 1LT and saving to restore a '69 Camaro.

Driver's Ed
    Without having 6x9s in the back deck where did you run the wires and how did you connect them to the rear speakers?
    RCA Converter is needed im assuming?

Resident Secret Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by LV CRUZE View Post
    Without having 6x9s in the back deck where did you run the wires and how did you connect them to the rear speakers?
    RCA Converter is needed im assuming?
    Safest way is to use the PAC AA-GM44 (pretty sure that's the model number) there is no cutting involved and it uses your factory harness.
    No longer own a Cruze and still help where I can, message me anytime, for anything.

No offesnse boats, capacitors are a waste of money, do the big 3 upgrade before anything, we already did the wires, just need to get a good battery.

The part number above is correct also, we have one ready for install on ours.
    Later
    Steve

Resident Secret Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneSpeed View Post
    No offesnse boats, capacitors are a waste of money, do the big 3 upgrade before anything, we already did the wires, just need to get a good battery.

The part number above is correct also, we have one ready for install on ours.
    Later
    Steve
    I haven't needed one with my set up, but I've had to use one before on my jeep and it worked like a charm! But yes, the big three would be better to upgrade first, then there would be no need for the cap.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.