pandora/internet radio
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: pandora/internet radio

Driver's Ed

pandora/internet radio

Does anyone know how to play pandora or similiar internet radio theough car speakers. i ahe the usb plugged into my phone but cant play it on my ca speakers any help wouyld be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I dont believe the Cruze have that capability. You will likely need to just use the 1/8" stereo jack input in order to listen to Pandora from most phones, the radio can only control some iPod, PFD and Zune devices
    Last edited by maven; 12-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Custom built headlight retrofits, wiring harnesses and lighting supplies & parts.

^^^ Agree

actually if you have an iPhone you can listen to pandora through the USB

you can listen to it, but like said, its controlled through the AUX input and the headphone jack on your phone.
    it works fine that way but only volume will work through the steering wheel controls, the rest is done on the phone itself.
    Thats how i do mine
    2011 Cruze ECO Imperial Blue
    2008 Town & Country

Driver's Ed
    On 2011 and 2012 model years in the US you can listen through the the normal usb plug on an iphone but you do still have to control the stations with the Iphone itself. To do this open up pandora on your Iphone and once it is playing plug in your usb. The advantage of using the usb is that the signal is a fixed digital output. It is much less likely to have a distorted output to your speakers from the volume being to high or to low. Also it displays the song name and artist on the info screen just like Ipod.
    gfxdave99 likes this.

With IOS5 i have found it playing nicer with pandora and spotify, even displaying the artist and title on my display. It also has been working well listening to audiobooks from audible.

I take back my previous statement. Tested it out yesterday with my iPhone 4s and pandora does work with the usb. Looks like the only thing you can control with the radio is play/pause and volume. It also displays artist, song and time.

Learning about my Cruze
    Yep! Same with mine. Pandora works great with my iPhone 4S

Driver's Ed
    I am so jealous of this!!!! Is their any way to make that work with android? I hate having the Aux cable!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast