Double DIN Setup
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double DIN Setup

Handbrake Released Cruze_EcoJAY's Avatar

Double DIN Setup

Been lookin on here for about 2 hours and cant find the answer Im lookin for. I want to get a setup like this. But I dont know what kind of head unit I need so the heat/ac controls, and my xm radio to work etc. will show up in it, i know i need the 99-3011S Mount, 40-EU55 Antenna Adapter and GMOS-044 interface kit. But what unit will I need for these controls to show up? I want a Double Din touch screen unit.
    Last edited by Cruze_EcoJAY; 02-15-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Slow, but a working progress.
    Currently: Tinted 50% front 0% rear. Debadged, Camo Seat Covers
    Coming Soon: K&N SRI, Flowmaster 80 series Dual, Trifecta Tune , 18" Sparco rims, Halo projector headlights and some small custom mods. Will post pics of each addition check my albums to see changes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Why do you need to see the heater/ac controls? Just look where they're set by the knobs.

I just ordered this double din.

Roadrover two-din in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze - Detailed info for Roadrover two-din in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze,in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze,Roadrover two-din in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze,AG7032 on Alibaba.co

Had a similiar unit for my 09 Jetta TDI and it worked great.

Handbrake Released
    the GMOS-44 keeps that funtionality. the controls show up same as they do stock. on the little screen above the radio
    2011 Chevy Cruze LS with connectivity package in Black Granite Metallic.
    -Blacked out bowties
    -20% tint all around
    -LED dome lights
    -Blacked out Chrome and center console trim.

Driver's Ed
    can you still use the XM functions?

idk how i feel about that look...just looks weird with the stock screen right there above it

Quote Originally Posted by Camcruse View Post
    Why do you need to see the heater/ac controls? Just look where they're set by the knobs.

I just ordered this double din.

Roadrover two-din in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze - Detailed info for Roadrover two-din in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze,in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze,Roadrover two-din in-dash dvd player for chevrolet cruze,AG7032 on Alibaba.co

Had a similiar unit for my 09 Jetta TDI and it worked great.
    All the heat/ac, trip, xm etc are all in the same harness. And pntballer clarified that the GMOS-44 keeps all that in tact, but I understand what your saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pntballer925 View Post
    the GMOS-44 keeps that funtionality. the controls show up same as they do stock. on the little screen above the radio
    Cool. What about my XM radio? Like how do I switch it over to a new unit?
    Last edited by Cruze_EcoJAY; 02-16-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Coming Soon: K&N SRI, Flowmaster 80 series Dual, Trifecta Tune , 18" Sparco rims, Halo projector headlights and some small custom mods. Will post pics of each addition check my albums to see changes.

Found this unit, only concern is will my aux in my center console still work? Im guessing the GMOS-44 keeps that funtional, am I correct in saying this? Also I have aeco with 4 speaker sysytem, so not 6x9s, but i do have cut outs in the trunk. Can i put a kicker 6x8 there?
    Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com
    Last edited by Cruze_EcoJAY; 02-16-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruze_EcoJAY View Post
    Found this unit, only concern is will my aux in my center console still work? Im guessing the GMOS-44 keeps that funtional, am I correct in saying this? Also I have aeco with 4 speaker sysytem, so not 6x9s, but i do have cut outs in the trunk. Can i put a kicker 6x8 there?
    Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com
    Unfortunately, It won't keep your AUX port and/or USB, as the PDIM module will be of no use once the radio is out.

@bojangles oh ok well this unit has one so i guess ill be ok then. I just liked how it was in there so I could hide my ipod

Handbrake Released
    Actually, you may actually be able to use the USB port, as the USB port is connected to the PDIM via Mini-B USB. If you can find an adapter for your USB port on the new radio you should be able to connect the USB wire and keep it out of your glove box.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast