Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Best place to tap wires for Line Out Converter?

24K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  loganste123 
#1 ·
Hey guys so im doing an system install on a chevy cruze this week that will require a Line out converter. I know how to hook them up, im just curious where the best place would be to tap into the speaker wires would be at? I was thinking about taking the the left 2 doors off or just the back 2. I am open to all suggestions, and also what the way you tap into wires? Im just curious to see everyones methods! Thanks

#3 ·
Ehh I think I will stick to taking the doors off

#5 ·
It seems the easiest, and Ive replaced cruzes headunits before, and its tight back there. Between splicing, soldering and making a new connection I think it would be too tight.

#7 ·
1. Using a panel removal tool, gently
pry the upper trim/vent housing
panel from the dash. Remove the
factory clip from back of trim/vent
housing panel

2. Using a panel removal tool, gently
pry the shifter surround panel.
On manual transmission vehicles,
unclip and reposition the shifter
boot. Disconnect indicator plug.

3. Remove (2) 9/32” screws from the
storage pocket. Remove storage
pocket.

4. Remove (4) 9/32” screws from the
accessory control panel. Gently pry
the edges of the panel to release
the clips. Disconnect the accessory
control panel plugs.

5. Remove (2) 9/32” screws from the
radio control panel. Disconnect the
radio control panel.

6. Remove (4) 9/32” screws from the
radio chassis. Disconnect the radio
chassis.

#8 ·
Why not the kick panel by yer left foot , below the fuse panel . Easiest by far !

#11 ·
I am sure All of the wires neede for his purpose of connecting a LOC are in the wiring harness that can be found underneath the kick panel !

Wait what is the OP 's intention with the LOC ?

#12 ·
it wasnt stated which line output converter will be used. If you can get the passenger and driver side leads from one kick panel than that would be ideal if its easy to get to. I pulled my radio out soldered my 4 leads mounted my line out converter (loc) different brand and reinstalled my radio in less than 10 minutes. Going to the doors is gonna be at least an hour.

#14 ·
I took my door off today in a flat 2 minutes flat. But I see what youre saying, what kind of connections/crimps are you using?

#15 ·
Mono block amp!

#16 ·
Help Needed

HI All,

I am having some issues with an Install, my problems are :

1. Has happened using 2 Different Active Sub Enclosures
2. Has also done the Same using the Factory Head Unit, and also bought DVD/GPS System
3. Since Head Units do not provide RCA Connectors
4. Have Wired Both Subs via High Level Imput Connections
5. Have removed Trim Panels Between Front/Rear Doors(Pillar Area)
6. Found Wiring Colour Codes of : (youtube)
Passenger side rear
White +
Blue/Black -
Driver side rear
Dark Green +
Dark Grean/Black -
7. All put back together, and absolutely LOW Level Output from Sub Enclosure
8. Unless I am completely MAD, I have just put the Same Sub Enclosure into my Mercedes Sprinter Van, also hooked up via the Same High Level Imput, via Speaker Wires, and it Thumps Hard.

I have since removed ALL of the Wiring, including Power Cables, and everything that was there as basically have had enough of this, and can not work out what is happening, also took the Car to a reputable installer, he too was stumped as to why it was happening.

I am asking all the Members on the Forum for assistance or guidance on what I might be doing wrong, as its doing my head in to say the least.

Regards

Darren@Sydney, Australia

#19 ·
So you are saying in the kick is where I should tap the wires at? I hate using LOC's and always try and convince the customer to upgrade their headunit. my plan of attack was just crimping the wires together then running them back to the trunk. Sound ideal? Im just trying to avoid taking the radio out

#20 ·
Hi hificruzer226

Yeah should have been more expressive in what it or was doing.

The sound was coming out of the Enclosure, but at an extremely Low Volume Level, Hardly Audible even adjusting the Gain Level did not make any difference at all, I am wondering if the Wiring on my car is different from the o/seas Cruze as such, but when I changed the Head Unit, (has the Chevy Start Up Logo on Ignition), and different Options from my Original Factory one.

But all Plugged up without any hassles, so one would assume they are wired the same.

The other thing I find bizare, is with the Factory Holden Head Unit, I can crank the Volume to full, Bass level at Full, and yet it will not distort or make the Speakers Clip.

Regards

Darren

#25 ·
Hi hificruzer226

I am not too sure as to what your referring to, but this is the Sub Enclosure that I am trying to use.

All I did was tap into the Factory Speaker Wires, then run them to the High Level Imput Connector in the Fusion Enclosure.

Fusion 12 Active Wedge Enclosure Cp-Aw1122 Subwoofer Amplifier

Fusion 12 Active Wedge Enclosure Cp-Aw1122 Subwoofer Amplifier

I hope this can answer some things for you.

Regards

Darren

#28 ·
I tapped mine here, I first had it up beside the hood-release up front but went back here to avoid and interference from the power line.

Mine is just for a sub so I only needed one side, You don't need to pop open the door either, just the panel at the bottom of the pillar.

View attachment 112810
This is exactly where I tapped mine, simple and in an easy location. One thing I sure as **** hate is all that sticky glue on the factorys tape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.