2016 Cruze LT - Appt - vent a little bit

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2016 Cruze LT - Appt - vent a little bit

neile300c is offline [OP]
    2nd Gear

2016 Cruze LT - Appt - vent a little bit

So, I scheduled an appointment on Dec 27th, for today. I wanted to get my first oil change, filter, and tires rotated. I also asked to get the recall fixed on the 3rd brake light.
    Get there this morning, they say they need to order the part. I told him, "why did I schedule it to get done, today, and y'all didn't order the part". His response was "we need to order the part, they are scarce".
    Really, not a good first experience with the dealer on the first service, and on top of it, I live 18 miles from the dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator

This seems to be the standard. Dealerships can't order parts for a recall until they can tell GM that the recall applies to the car. Definitely a customer service fail.

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by obermd View Post
    This seems to be the standard. Dealerships can't order parts for a recall until they can tell GM that the recall applies to the car. Definitely a customer service fail.
    I got the notification thru OnStar / mychevrolet app, and they had my VIN, so they knew it applied to it. Also, to top it off, the writer shows a scratch on my car, after the service was done, and he said that he noticed it when he wrote the car in. (yeah, right, why didn't you tell me before then).

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    All recalls don't require parts. So they need to make sure it really needs it. Dealerships or any place that holds inventory does not want to spend money to have parts laying around that never get used. Business have to pay taxes on inventory which is just stupid. So no need to have parts you may not need in stock or only used once in a while.

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacgt View Post
    All recalls don't require parts. So they need to make sure it really needs it. Dealerships or any place that holds inventory does not want to spend money to have parts laying around that never get used. Business have to pay taxes on inventory which is just stupid. So no need to have parts you may not need in stock or only used once in a while.
    The service writer told me they had to order the part before they even wrote my car in, so how did he know when I pulled up that he needed to order the part, but not when the service was scheduled

Handbrake Released
    Well I work in purchasing/service for IT and I would not typically order something unless I know for sure its needed. However if he stated that then he should have it ordered for you and not scheduled the appointment. Its also possible he may have not have known about it until they had to fix another car before yours. Its hard to tell. It could be GM also saying don't order until you see the car and verify it. I'm just guessing but I don't think service department wants to see you all the time. Maybe they get to charge GM every time you come in but I kind of doubt that.

Resident Tater Salad

I'm going to call ahead of time and make sure they can order the part for mine when I take it in. I don't have time to go back and forth. But I'll probably wait til the 7500 mi service to have it done, so that could be 4 months from now - I currently don't see a single drop in the trunk/battery area, and we've had a good amount of rain/snow.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    I'm going to call ahead of time and make sure they can order the part for mine when I take it in. I don't have time to go back and forth. But I'll probably wait til the 7500 mi service to have it done, so that could be 4 months from now - I currently don't see a single drop in the trunk/battery area, and we've had a good amount of rain/snow.
    I would make sure they have the part before you get there, that was my plan, obviously. Though I did my service at 6000 miles

Formula One Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pontiacgt View Post
    It could be GM also saying don't order until you see the car and verify it.
    It wouldn't surprise me but what GM says not to order the part until the car is in hand. After call, the customer could cancel the appointment at any time. It's not a sure thing until the car is checked in.
    Merc6 likes this.
    '13 LTZ

Prior rides:
    '89 Corsica LT Hatchback 2.8L/Auto
    '67 Chevy II, 250 ci/auto

2nd Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyGuy View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me but what GM says not to order the part until the car is in hand. After call, the customer could cancel the appointment at any time. It's not a sure thing until the car is checked in.
    But, again, call me back and tell me that, don't make me waste an extra trip. I work in Automotive service, and if a customer wants service, we make sure the tire(s) and / or parts are in stock before telling the customer to come in. I don't make an appt with that customer unless I know I have it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.