Extra USB Port Options

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra USB Port Options

Driver's Ed

Extra USB Port Options

Hey Cruze Community,

I purchased the new Gen2 Cruze in July. I love the car except for one thing. How is there only 1 USB port and no SD Card slots in a new car?

I like to keep my music on an SD Card for ease of use and the fact that my iPhone is only 16GB. Currently it is plugged into the USB port using an adapter. It works great except for the fact that I am not able to use Apple Car Play because the USB slot is occupied. Using a USB hub allows the car to see and switch between both the iPhone and SD Card reader but for some reason Apple Car Play will not work when using a USB Hub. Any one else run into this issue? Any one have any solutions? Anyone know how to add additional USB ports and have Apple Car Play still work?

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Touring Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by newcruze2016 View Post
    Any one else run into this issue? Any one have any solutions?

Thanks,
    I know of one compact car that has two USB ports and supports ACP.

Just yankiing your chain. I know it's not a solution for the Cruze.
    2013 Crystal Black Pearl Civic EX-L Sedan w/Nav: K&N Drop In
    35,600 Mi., Avg. MPG: 32 City; 44 Hiway; 87 E10; ECON On
    months old, not a single problem, issue, or recall.

I went out to find myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    "I have everything I need and nothin' that I don't" (Zac Brown)
    108,782 December '15 YTD 32.4%
    178,051 December '16 YTD 48.5%

Driver's Ed
    Hi newcruze2016!
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of a car with an SD slot, unless we're talking about modular stereo systems. With such a modern car, I'm not too optimistic about modifying the interior; adding additional ports would require an almost complete overhaul, I'd assume. Actually, I'm looking into installing a subwoofer in my Cruze, so I'll try to update when I get a look at my electronics.
    Anyways, are you sure you can't store music on your iPhone? I know that the gigabytes do add up, I'm just wondering if your music has already been compressed and all that. I haven't tried using Android Auto with another device plugged into the USB port; I mainly use the USB port for my Auto device.
    Also, what trim is your Cruze? I know that the LT and the Premier come with more electronics, and probably more ports.
    Hope this helps.
    -28c

2016 Generation II Cruze LS Manual

Super Moderator
    Hey Cruze Community,

I purchased the new Gen2 Cruze in July. I love the car except for one thing. How is there only 1 USB port and no SD Card slots in a new car?

I like to keep my music on an SD Card for ease of use and the fact that my iPhone is only 16GB. Currently it is plugged into the USB port using an adapter. It works great except for the fact that I am not able to use Apple Car Play because the USB slot is occupied. Using a USB hub allows the car to see and switch between both the iPhone and SD Card reader but for some reason Apple Car Play will not work when using a USB Hub. Any one else run into this issue? Any one have any solutions? Anyone know how to add additional USB ports and have Apple Car Play still work?

Thanks,
    What trim did you get? Some have a 2nd USB in the back seat for charging only. Only time I seen a SD was 1st gen with navigation.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Hey Cruze Community,

Thanks,
    I have an adapter that takes care of this issue for me. the difference is I use android auto not apple car play.
    the following link is not exact but similar to the adapter I have. I got it so i can hook up multiple phones and switch back and forth with out changing cords, as an Uber driver I have a lot of passengers that want to play their own music or charge their phone. It works great for me but I am only running one thing at a time not two like you want to do. other than this I am not sure if it is possible

High Speed 4 Port USB 3 0 Multi Hub Splitter Expansion Cable Laptop PC Adapter | eBay
    2016 Gen2 Cruze 2LT

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.