Will Gen 2 Cruze Diesel arrive in time for VW TDI owners to buy???

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Will Gen 2 Cruze Diesel arrive in time for VW TDI owners to buy???

Will Gen 2 Cruze Diesel arrive in time for VW TDI owners to buy???

If I were at GM I would be working my tail off to make sure that the 2nd Generation Cruze Diesel's are ready and in production in time to sell them to VW TDI owners that will be turning in their TDIs soon and looking for another diesel high MPG car to replace it with!!!

Do you think GM will be able to have them on the lots in time???
    obermd likes this.
    Chris Tobin
    Editor--Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine
    Contributor to Diesel World, Street Trucks and more

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Well there's still no fix for the tdi issue so gm should be able to get the cars on lots.
    2014 cruze diesel 2.0TD
    2009 Ford escape limited v6 4x4
    1971 Nova SS 406ci TH350w/shift kit

I would almost guarantee they are not sitting idle.

Probably going through the last round of quadruple checks on the emissions tests, making sure someone can't exploit some random hole in the tuning to try and sue them, or some BS like that, while also finishing up the calibration and getting it all ready.

I check every day, and I wouldn't be surprised for a fall unveiling - but I'd more than likely expect to see it debut at LA, since that's the next major US auto show. The Gen I CTD debuted at Chicago.
    obermd, money_man and IndyDiesel like this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

I really hope GM goes after VW on this. It's a great opportunity. VW sold a lot of diesels in the US so the market is there, and I woudl imagine it's still there.

All they have to do is let people know it exists, which they didn't do with the first gen.
    obermd and Chris Tobin like this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 196K (Domenic - On the way to 200K!), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 5K (Gordon - my backup car until the new 1.6 diesels come out)

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    All they have to do is let people know it exists, which they didn't do with the first gen.
    Absolutely. Advertise the living crap out of the car, and make it a point that it meets all emissions regulations without any kind of defeat device like "the other guys".

When it comes up in conversation that we have a Cruze Diesel, 90% of people are blown away that such a thing exists.
    Last edited by MP81; 07-13-2016 at 03:24 PM.
    obermd, Poje, diesel and 2 others like this.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

To me GM didn't do a thing to advertise the diesel Cruze. They would have sold way more it they did. I run into people every day that didn't know they exist.
    2002 Silverado Z71
    2014 Cruze Diesel Tungsten Metallic
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The most there was, was in automotive magazines.
    Chris Tobin likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Administrator

I saw a couple of Cruze Diesel ads when it first came out. White car - no soot.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Handbrake Released
    Two things: GM can't even keep a supplier solvent ( see other thread) and the very questionable reliability of the 1st Gen Diesel is surely going to kill sales of the Gen 2 whisper diesel.
    2015 CTD, all options including block heater. Built 12/14.

Driver's Ed
    Foto 4.jpgI'm sitting here in my 2012 JSW TDI waiting for the hatchback diesel to appear!!!

That's a Cruze Wagen Diesel
    Last edited by VWTDIvictem; 07-14-2016 at 12:22 AM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.