2018 Cruze Hatchback Diesel - Page 2

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2018 Cruze Hatchback Diesel

I'd almost guarantee the 9-speed will be better on fuel. A lot of people want the manual, as it gives more of a sense of feeling "in-tune" with the car, and adding a bit of fun to the driving experience.

Personally, if I get one, it'll be with whatever is rated better for fuel economy - and that's more than likely going to be the 9-speed. I can't complain to much about that - I sit in enough traffic to where not having a clutch would be a great perk. If I want to drive a manual, I have my Camaro. My DD doesn't need to be one.
    Last edited by MP81; 01-09-2017 at 01:54 PM.
    MOTO13 likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Stock
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I simply don't like the car to drive me, I like to drive the car and shift gears whenever I want. The difference between MTX and AUTO is 1mpg at best so no biggie.

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrasaki View Post
    Has a price been mentioned for the diesel manual hatch? I think that will affect the decision to get one for many people.
    With a hatchback, you're at least going to be on an LT level, with a diesel, they tend to be LT2 or higher equivalent, my guess would be mid-high 20s... 24K starting I bet. Definitely won't be bargain basement hatch diesels, that's for sure.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

At least in the Jetta TDI, with the very good DSG, it was just simply more *fun* to swap your own cogs and then romp into the fat torqueband at 2000 RPM.

Hopefully the diesel manual isn't as crap to drive as the one on the Gen2 gassers. The ratios are stupid.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

LiveTrash is offline [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by shockz View Post
    With a hatchback, you're at least going to be on an LT level, with a diesel, they tend to be LT2 or higher equivalent, my guess would be mid-high 20s... 24K starting I bet. Definitely won't be bargain basement hatch diesels, that's for sure.
    That was the case with the 2014/2015 Diesels. I believe the 2018 will have quite a few options for trim levels.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel | Crystal Red Tint Coat /w Cocoa Leather Interior | Safety and Convenience Package

Modifications
    20% Window Tint All Around
    OEM Fog Light Install
    Hidden Content /w Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Equipment
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Administrator
    Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by LiveTrash View Post
    That was the case with the 2014/2015 Diesels. I believe the 2018 will have quite a few options for trim levels.
    Yup, they plan to start at LT, which in the 2nd gen, is sorta base. You can then add almost any options you want, including a leather package on the diesel.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselturbo View Post
    I simply don't like the car to drive me, I like to drive the car and shift gears whenever I want. The difference between MTX and AUTO is 1mpg at best so no biggie.
    I've seen the difference between them be more than 1 mpg these days. Even on the gas 2nd gen:

Manual (LT Sedan): 28/39/32
    Auto (LT Sedan): 30/40/32

And sometimes that may play out even more in real world driving. Or it may not, who knows.
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors, Ceramic Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    At least in the Jetta TDI, with the very good DSG, it was just simply more *fun* to swap your own cogs and then romp into the fat torqueband at 2000 RPM.

Hopefully the diesel manual isn't as crap to drive as the one on the Gen2 gassers. The ratios are stupid.
    Not only the ratios but the imprecise engagement and rather long strokes of the gassers gearbox will scare away a lot of VW Diesels aficionados. I hope GM will, at least, try to eliminate the Gen 2 gassers trannies drawbacks and make it similar with the one on the Golf.
    I don't see any news from 2017 NAIAS regarding the Cruz Diesel yet...

Handbrake Released
    Leather is just Gross for me ( currently have cheap ass covers so I dont get the Gross leather feel on me ), the nine speed makes more sense to optimize fuel efficiency and if the Diesel came in a lower package option it would sell a crap load better.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    The diesel does get its own manual, so I would expect different ratios. Given the amount of torque it is supposed to make, they can have relatively tall gear ratios to max effective use of it, while increasing fuel economy.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.