2018 Cruze Hatchback Diesel - Page 3

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2018 Cruze Hatchback Diesel

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    The diesel does get its own manual, so I would expect different ratios. Given the amount of torque it is supposed to make, they can have relatively tall gear ratios to max effective use of it, while increasing fuel economy.
    True. The gas engine has torque aplenty too, but it's almost like they purposely made the manual dull to drive. It feels less clunky than the Gen1, but more lifeless. I'm not totally sure how they managed that.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jblackburn View Post
    True. The gas engine has torque aplenty too, but it's almost like they purposely made the manual dull to drive. It feels less clunky than the Gen1, but more lifeless. I'm not totally sure how they managed that.
    I bet a nice short-throw shifter would solve that.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

I think Chevy will hit a big winner with this Cruze hatchback. The first time pics were released I liked it immediately. Now if they get the diesel right and don't have any issues like the current CTD, I see it flying out of showrooms. I am not a fan of the G2 sedan's look however. I won't touch the diesel until 2019 model. Since they are putting this same diesel in multiple GM models, the problems should pop out in the first year very quickly. Hopefully they got it right.
    Black Granite CTD

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Handbrake Released
    The sedan's back seat is to small.

Resident Tater Salad

Quote Originally Posted by mgulfcoastguy View Post
    The sedan's back seat is to small.
    Compared to the 11-15, it's yuge. My 6' friends that were challenged to fit in the back of the old car fit fine in this one. And the back seat is the same size in the hatch.
    MP81 likes this.
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Since they are putting this same diesel in multiple GM models, the problems should pop out in the first year very quickly.
    Not necessarily. Some of the issues with the current gen didn't fully surface for 2-3 years, like the batteries and the dreaded DEF heater element.
    MOTO13 likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 200K (Domenic), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 6K (Gordon - my backup car until the new 1.6 diesels come out)

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    Not necessarily. Some of the issues with the current gen didn't fully surface for 2-3 years, like the batteries and the dreaded DEF heater element.
    Dammmmmmit, you're right. You are such a buzz kill.
    Black Granite CTD

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.