Miami and South Florida

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Miami and South Florida

Banned

Red face Miami and South Florida

Cruze owners, welcome! There are definitely lots of these cars down here. I work on them every single day at the local dealer, and I like them a lot. I hope there will be a Cruze club and / or meetings around here, as soon as people find out how good these cars are. I am here to help with any questions, advice, recalls, bulletins, etc. in the meanwhile. The Sonic and Spark are coming! And I want to be the 1st to make a 300 hp 1.4T. Crazy? Maybe... *cough* Holden Cruze SS, look it up. Anyway, these little Holdens are great, and welcome again Miami and South Florida CRUZE owners / drivers / enthusiasts !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I'm from palm beach and will drive to meet up with other cruze members any day!! I've also been trying to get a club going in south Florida
    Please let me know when you guys are going to start one up, I'll be there!!!!

From Miami here Have you seen any Cruzes with a defective windshield? Mine at around 55 or 60 sounds like air is coming in from the side or something (Slight whistle). Took to the dealer, but they fixed something else and not the windshield issue lol..

Let us know when there is a meet!
    -Danny

Banned
    Hi Chef and Kermit! I think a S.Fla club is an excellent idea, and we'd be pioneers because I truly expect these cars to become very popular and the scene to get out of hand
    As far as your wind noise is concern, there is a technical service bulletin for it, I am willing to bet that's what they did. You can confirm if you check the paperwork, they are supposed to print what was done. With GM, a lot of fixes involve cutting, gluing as such, but they work and that's what counts:

"Some customers may comment on hearing a whistle or hiss noise coming from the outside rearview mirror. This noise is usually more evident when the vehicle is driven 64 km/h (40 mph) or over in a heavy or gusting crosswind. The cause of this condition may be that air/wind is passing through a v-gap notched out area within the mirror base, creating a whistle or hiss noise.To repair the mirror location noise, add a piece of thick adhesive back shim stock to the mirror base affected..."

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Hi Chef and Kermit! I think a S.Fla club is an excellent idea, and we'd be pioneers because I truly expect these cars to become very popular and the scene to get out of hand
    As far as your wind noise is concern, there is a technical service bulletin for it, I am willing to bet that's what they did. You can confirm if you check the paperwork, they are supposed to print what was done. With GM, a lot of fixes involve cutting, gluing as such, but they work and that's what counts:

"Some customers may comment on hearing a whistle or hiss noise coming from the outside rearview mirror. This noise is usually more evident when the vehicle is driven 64 km/h (40 mph) or over in a heavy or gusting crosswind. The cause of this condition may be that air/wind is passing through a v-gap notched out area within the mirror base, creating a whistle or hiss noise.To repair the mirror location noise, add a piece of thick adhesive back shim stock to the mirror base affected..."
    It stated they fixed a thing on the right passenger door, but not the rear view mirror. I have to take it in soon for an oil change so. Ill ask for it. Anyways, yes i see lots of Cruzes down here already (Except the rentals). I think its a good idea, give it a year or two and the aftermarket parts will kick in more, and more Cruzes will be on the street.

Btw that tune shop is yours or a friends?
    -Danny

Banned
    I AM Torque South there is no physical shop (yet!) just a laptop but it sure gets the job done. I was a racer before I became a Chevy dealer tech many years ago so naturally I experimented with all the brand new and traded in cars on the lot with my tuning software, that's how many of the popular programs got developed. In addition to providing a little side income to supplement my warranty repair slavery, it also keeps my dreams alive, and praise God it has been going pretty well so far. I have BIG plans for Cruze tuning...
    Last edited by Boost; 08-16-2011 at 08:07 AM.

U can test on my car let me know!!!! :-)

Banned

Thumbs up

That is very kind of you Chefmaster, but it probably won't be necessary. That's what the dozens and dozens of Cruze we have in stock are for lol I will take a cool picture of them tomorrow and post. If all goes well, I will have a final version of the "altered" calibration in less than a month to flash into a random Cruze sitting around, then test drive the heck out of it with a few technician friends. (I don't think we'll get much work done that day so don't bring yours in for recalls lol) If it is smooth, we are in busine$$! I am really looking forward to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    That is very kind of you Chefmaster, but it probably won't be necessary. That's what the dozens and dozens of Cruze we have in stock are for lol I will take a cool picture of them tomorrow and post. If all goes well, I will have a final version of the "altered" calibration in less than a month to flash into a random Cruze sitting around, then test drive the heck out of it with a few technician friends. (I don't think we'll get much work done that day so don't bring yours in for recalls lol) If it is smooth, we are in busine$$! I am really looking forward to it!!
    BTW Which dealership are you at? I service mine at Maroone Chevrolet on 87th and 12th.
    -Danny

Banned
    me too

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.