@#$^*&!! Trifecta!!!!!!!!!!! (Resolved)
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: @#$^*&!! Trifecta!!!!!!!!!!! (Resolved)

Autocross Champion

@#$^*&!! Trifecta!!!!!!!!!!! (Resolved)

This is my last attempt to be nice with trifecta. I installed a boost gauge. In both eco mode and perf mode i see 22psi. I purchased a select a tune. Correct me if im wrong but should i not see 12-14 psi in eco mode (with cruise control enabled)? Vinces response was "its your elevation". Omfg so you are telling me that because i live at 4000ft ill get 22 psi even though you told the pcm to only boost 14?! Please tell me if im wrong because im about to cause problems for vince. Im so sick of this! Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Last edited by sciphi; 02-07-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Issue resolved in last post.
    Back to stock. Bored.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Contest Manager
    what psi do you get when its back to stock? If its around 14 psi then we will know that the elevation has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    This is my last attempt to be nice with trifecta. I installed a boost gauge. In both eco mode and perf mode i see 22psi. I purchased a select a tune. Correct me if im wrong but should i not see 12-14 psi in eco mode (with cruise control enabled)?

Vinces response was "its your elevation".
    Omfg so you are telling me that because i live at 4000ft ill get 22 psi even though you told the pcm to only boost 14?!

Please tell me if im wrong because im about to cause problems for vince. Im so sick of this!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    I am at basically zero feet but mine never strays above 14psi with the cruise control on.

Sent from whatever I want. .
    Last edited by Mick; 01-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support

The Gearheads Guild

Quote Originally Posted by titan2782 View Post
    This is my last attempt to be nice with trifecta. I installed a boost gauge. In both eco mode and perf mode i see 22psi. I purchased a select a tune. Correct me if im wrong but should i not see 12-14 psi in eco mode (with cruise control enabled)?

Vinces response was "its your elevation".
    Omfg so you are telling me that because i live at 4000ft ill get 22 psi even though you told the pcm to only boost 14?!

Please tell me if im wrong because im about to cause problems for vince. Im so sick of this!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Here is a question for him. If its all about elevation, then why isn't you 22psi tune boosting higher than it should as well?

Sent from my XT912 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Last edited by Mick; 01-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    2012 Cruze LS <Totaled
    2012 Cruze Eco < Totaled

I'm here for moral support

The Gearheads Guild

sounds kinda fishey,

1st Gear
    It does have to do with your elevation levels. Mine will go up to about 19psi in eco mode. Where i live is about 400ft above elevation.
    2011 Black Chevy Cruze A/T,

Just thinking here...

Givin that at higher elevations the air is thinner, then wouldn't it make sense to have higher boost so that the same volume of air is delivered?
    Going out for a CRUZE

Accelerating to 6th gear!

BOOOOST!
    Boost control works off the TQ management tables.

The ECU is programmed to make X TQ. When the air is thinner it runs more boost to make that amount of TQ. This is why stock cars will run 15psi in the summer and 10psi in the winter at the same elevation. The actual output in hp/tq is the same in winter/summer, where as most cars make much more power in winter. The DA (density altitude) can vary by 5,000 feet when the car is really at sea level, based on the temp and atmospheric conditions. I frequently see +3000DA in the summer and -2000DA in the winter living at sea level.

Quote Originally Posted by bubby2411 View Post
    It does have to do with your elevation levels. Mine will go up to about 19psi in eco mode. Where i live is about 400ft above elevation.

400ft isn't enough to do anything.
    Last edited by Hoon; 01-05-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    OnlyTaurus likes this.
    '12 Cruze 1LT M6 - K&N Drop In, Intake Resonator Delete, Black Label Tuned - 162whp/186wtq @ 18.5psi

'05 GSXR750 - Big ole turbo.

Driver's Ed
    Off topic but where u get your boost gauge and where you install

Administrator

In addition to what Hoon said, the turbo in the Cruze can only output enough to generate a certain amount of boost. I don't know what it is, but Hoon and Vince@Trifecta probably do. When you go up your turbo has to work harder to get to the same boost because the starting air pressure is lower. There's a good chart of this drop at Air - Altitude, Density and Specific Volume. Scroll down for the chart. At some point it doesn't matter how good your tune is because you will hit the mechanical limits of the turbo in our cars.

I guess the real question to ask Vince is for a altitude based "max boost" chart for the Trifecta tune.
    Hoon likes this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast