Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

How To Paint AC Vents...

Tags
paint vents
15K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Dragonsys 
#1 · (Edited)
So I decided to paint the A/C Vents to match the rest of the interior and since no one else had a how to, or had done it I took the time to get some photo's. Here is how to do it.

First disconnect the battery (for at least 10 minutes) you are working around an air bag. Open the passenger side glove box and locate the two bolts and unbolt them ( red arrows.)

then using your fingers pry the cover off which leaves the air bag area exposed and place the piece to the side for later. Then go to the driver side and remove the driver side one the same way, but there are not bolts.

The vent has three clips holding it into the dash panel which you just use a flat head screw driver to get off. (Red Arrows) then using the same screw driver pry off the chrome trim ring. (blue arrows)

Paint your items and put back together… pretty simple and ties the rest of the car togther.

For other interior guides see http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/161-...ring-wheel-speedometer-dashboard-shifter.html

See less See more
#4 ·
I counted that as part of the "put back together" but I'm sure some would forget, but at least when they went to start the car they would quickly figure it out.

#5 ·
I'm sure they come pressed together, I was looking at those and the volume and menu buttons thinking the same thing.

#8 ·
Funny you mention that, my wife said the same thing and I already have the first two layers on it now.

#9 ·
I was wanting to do the logo on the steering wheel also, lol.

#12 ·
Don't forget some pictures...

#19 ·
I've heard they come off easily but have not done them myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.