Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Converted from Ford

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Sunline Fan 
#1 ·
Hello!

About a year and a half ago I bought a 2012 Focus... which really turned out to be a mistake. If you're unfamiliar with the issues owners of the new Focus (and Fiesta) face... those cars have a really poorly implemented dual-clutch automatic as the only automatic option. Grinding and bucking and rattling abound. Wish I had known how bad it would get. I got out of there.

Very happy with my new Cruze! 2013 1LT with just about every option (didn't get the enhanced safety package). Cyber Grey Metallic... very nice color.

I need a forum to replace the Ford one I've been posting on. Looks like you guys have a nice one here.

#3 ·
Just wondering did you get the automatic in your cruze?

Some complain on here about the cruze automatics behavior(mostly 2011 models), I find it to be very predicable & smooth if one drives the car easy & is not driving at speeds right where there is a shift point.

Really like that color you got, if I was in the market right now for a new cruze that's what I would probably get.

#4 ·
I did get the automatic. I haven't noticed anything strange about the shifting. It's a tiny bit jerky I guess, if I'm driving like a crazy person. But I don't have too many occasions where I have to do that :)
And considering what I'm used to... this transmission is breath of fresh air.

#5 ·
The 2012 and 2013 transmissions are said to be much better than the 2011 transmissions. My understanding is that it is mostly due to the programming.

Welcome to CruzeTalk. Nice to have you here, and congrats on the purchase. Definitely an upgrade form a Ford. No offense to Ford lovers, but the CruzeTalk is a much better car.

You'll love this forum. Just ask any question and watch how fast people reply. We have a great community here and you're more than welcome to join us.

#8 ·
Welcome and Congratulations on your new Cruze! I have had Fords before-from the 1970's, lots of quality issues. The Cruze is a very good quality car from my experience (almost 15,000 miles and a year and a half since purchased).

#9 ·
Welcome to CruzeTalk and congrats on your upgrade. I test drove a Fiesta MT and absolutely couldn't stand the fact that it had so little power I felt like I had to get out and push to get it going on flat ground.

#12 ·
Welcome and congrats on your Cruze! I know how it is, it was really hard for me to cross over as well. I test drove the Focus first, even took some videos of it since I was alone, but the more I thought about it, I just couldn't come to subject myself to that every day. I went down the street to the Chevy dealer and it was love at first drive!

I watched those videos again not too long ago, now that I've had a chance to really know the Cruze. Yuck, what a mess that was. I still remember somehow hitting a button in there for Sync and the whole second half of the test drive, it kept telling me to say a command. "FIX THE TRANSMISSION", "GET ME OUT OF THIS THING", or my most used "SHUT THE **** UP" all apparently weren't acceptable and she kept asking for a command.

I do like my ovals, was just working on the Excursion tonight in fact, but I have a hard time supporting something that would make me unhappy day after day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.