How much should I pay for a new 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much should I pay for a new 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS

Question How much should I pay for a new 2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ RS

Hey Cruze owners, I've been looking at a Cruze at my local dealer and I'm curious how much you think I should be willing to spend on this new Cruze. It is a 2012 model that has been sitting on their showroom floor since they have had it. With the 2014 Cruzes just around the corner I would think that I should be able to get it at a decent price. I'm not crazy about the color (much more fond of my 2011 Black Granite Metallic Cruze LS that I would be trading in). Just wondering what I should realistically try to pay for this vehicle.

Thanks

New 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS Sedan, Stock #51852 for Sale in St. Albans, VT | Handy Chevrolet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Something doesn't jibe here...it claims a touch screen with backup camera - that wasn't available until 2013. The touchscreen wasn't available in 2012 unless you had the navigation package, which this doesn't describe. I would guess it is this vehicle - so no backup camera, but it has the nav package:

Locate a Chevy Cruze | Find a Compact Car | Chevrolet

For one this old, they might entertain $300 to $500 under dealer invoice, plus all available incentives.

Retired Moderator

I agree, they'd better be ready to move on the price if they want to sell it before the 2014's come in. It's almost 2 model years old at this point. Then again, they might have a lot of money tied up into it, so they'll be looking for that one person who is willing to pay their price to have the "extra features" over a less-loaded 2014.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

In March, they were willing to go as low as $23,000 after GM incentives but I still wanted them to go a bit lower, thinking maybe more incentives would come out. Doesn't look like GM is offering any 2012 Cruze incentives on their website anymore after they redesigned. Does anyone know what the current incentives are on 2012 Cruzes?

The link I posted shows $1500 incentives on this vehicle.

edit...looks like the link expired, but you should be able to find it by searching their inventory on the chevy site.

From my rough calculations, I'd say $23K for one this loaded up - if you want those options - is a good deal. The big "if" is whether you want a sunroof, nav and pioneer. I have the nav, but not the pioneer (didn't sound significantly better to me) or the sunroof (I'll never have another car with a sunroof...way to much $$$ to fix down the road).
    Last edited by socalcruze; 05-10-2013 at 02:36 PM.

A "new" 2012 that is soon to be 2 model years old? They should be practically giving it away. I would rather have a 2013 or wait for a 2014 than settle on a 2012 unless it was massively discounted.
    2013 Cruze Eco 6M

2004 Grand Prix GT2

I would tell them to take @2500 - 3000 off the sticker. That is what I did when I bought my 2012 Eco at the end of Feb. Originally it was going for 20130. I ended up getting it for 18100. End of 2012 Model year and they want to sell 2013s I would negotiate 3000+ off the sticker Tell them you will talk when the price is 22000 - 23000. Otherwise Good Luck With Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by socalcruze View Post
    Something doesn't jibe here...it claims a touch screen with backup camera - that wasn't available until 2013. The touchscreen wasn't available in 2012 unless you had the navigation package, which this doesn't describe. I would guess it is this vehicle - so no backup camera, but it has the nav package:
    The VIN supplied on the link shows this entertainment set up in the GM IVH system.

UD7 - REAR PARKING ASSIST
    UDC - DISPLAY INSTRUMENT DRIVER INFO ENHANCED (ONE COLOR GRAPHIC)
    UDY - INFOTAINMENT DISPLAY COLOR INFO DISPLAY (CID), WVGA, TCHSCRN
    UEW - RADIO, AM/FM/ STEREO W/CD & MP3 PLAYBACK, NAVIGATION SYSTEM W/ 7" COLOR TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY
    Some things I know, some things I don't
    Current Rides:

2010 Chevrolet Malibu
    2011 Equinox
    2012 Cruze LT
    2013 Cruze RS

I wouldn't do it because soon as you drive it of the lot your going to lose over 10k in value.

It's going to be a two year old used car as soon as you would sign the papers.

I would wait and get a good deal on a 2013 Cruze or even wait and get a 2014 Cruze.

Just my 2 cents.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast