New to site and forums

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to site and forums

Driver's Ed

Question New to site and forums

Im new here i bought a 2011 cruze ltz rs used 100000 miles on it first thing i can say is nice car love it but that turbo lag is killing this car whats thw best tune i can do with out having to add on parts aside from cold air intake an what not whats he best progammers if any at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Welcome to our forum.

Super Moderator

The easiest, cheapest and simplest thing you can do to improve the running of your engine is to always use a Top Tier Gasoline.

Home | Top Tier Gas

After that, the second best thing to do is replace and regap your spark plugs. Someone else will know the ones and gap to use.

Proper cold air pressure in your tires, as specified in the tire placard aheared to your driver's door jamb, is the third best thing to do.
    chevrasaki likes this.
    Tomko

Current Fleet:
    2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
    2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)

1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
    1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
    1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)

1984 6000 STE (first car)

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

I use regular gas, I PERSONALLY don't see benefits outweighing the cost dofference, but I will say performance difference is very noticeable, I dont get much better gas mileage and the performance on regular doesn't bother me, but a lot of guys recommend using premium so I'm of the very few!

I am currently untuned, I have replaced my spark plugs to ngk bkr7e-4644, like tomko suggested

As far as tune, if you want, go through my accounts recently posted, the two most popular tunes are the BNR (bad news racing) or the trifecta, I posted a thread recently trying to get a direct comparison from consumers of the two, I personally found it helpful and lead me to deciding to go with the BNR

I also drive a 2011 cruze ltz

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chevy_Country; 04-18-2017 at 10:09 PM.
    Merc6 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forums. As stated above read up on post about tunes in Gen 1 section for about a year or 2.

When I got my car new it hated 87 so 93 was all I had to go off of. ECU updates for the auto only still left me out there in the cold. When I was tuned the car drove like it should have from the factory. You won't be Ford Focus ST fast but you will sure feel like it. After tune you can still run 87 but the car won't perform at it's best on it. If you happen to decide BNR is for you and you choose to go to a local vendor instead of getting a handheld you can add your location to your profile and talk to Jerry. he should have a list of who is near you. The plugs in your car should have been changed out by now. If not there is a few threads on those as well. Of all the plugs I used, I liked the BKR7E mentioned above but they lose their gaps quickly when tuned. 0.028 would be 0.034 in 4000 miles the way I drove. I ended up settling with the BKR8EIX 2668(the 4 numbers you need to search auto zone or advanced auto since the plugs that will come up under vehicle search are not that great)

Before we get too far ahead into mods, verify recalls have been completed for your car at the Chevy dealership.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD) Hidden Content
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze ECO 6MT (Traded) Hidden Content
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car) Hidden Content

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forum and as stated above, try running a tank or 2 or top tier/higher octane gas. You will notice better pick up and more response from the engine. Yes it costs a little more but I found the trade off/price vs. power differential worth it and you may see an improvement in MPG as another side effect. Also with 100000 on the clock check the plugs and see how they look. The plug # is 41-121 for AC Delco if you want stock plugs. That is what I ran and had no problems. FYI if there are any questions you have about your car, search the forum and chances are we talked about it or just shoot out a question.
    Last edited by Patman; 04-19-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Resident Tater Salad

91-93 oct makes a huge difference in the drivability of the 1st gen 1.4.

Also I generally recommend one of the 2 plugs mentioned in the first topic here. You can start with the cheap ones if you just want to see what happens.

Hesitation...GONE!
    2016 Cruze Premier RS

Hidden Content

Drag Racing Champion
    Welcome to the community! I agree with the above suggestions.
    Current vehicles:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Previous vehicles:
    2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Owned from 3.3K to 10.8K, Sold privately to buy Ninja 300)
    2009 Chevrolet Cobalt 5MT 2LT 2.2L I4 2-Door (Owned from New-93K, Traded for Cruze)
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix 4AT SE 3.1L V6 4-Door (First car, Owned from 93K-133K, Traded for Cobalt)

Driver's Ed
    Thanks guys thats all great info this is the forum ive joined so bare with me an respons and what not i have heard of trifecta havent heard of the other one mentioned here. An i have ran a tank of 93 but thats it didnt really see a change so i went back to normal gas goin to check the plugs my guess is they are originals (hope not )

Driver's Ed
    So id tuning this car with a programmer pointless and a waste of money?? Cuz i get alot of mixed feelings from ppl just confused i guess

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.