Things to know about your Cruze - Page 11
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Things to know about your Cruze

Handbrake Released
    What is the purpose of the car going into neutral with your foot on the brake for more than 1 second? I find this a bit dangerous. Where I work, I noticed the car would drift back when I take my foot off of the brake - the roads are sloped quite a bit where I work. I didn't understand this until I read this feature on the forum

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Does that "flicking the key" work on a 2013 1LT? Would rather not flick my engine like that lol

• 1986 Chevrolet C10, 3 on the tree (sold)
    • 2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT/RS 6-Speed Auto
    GO HOME IMPORTS!

Also, You know how when you press the Lock button on the fob, the lights stay on for about 30 seconds? If you press unlock then immediately hit LOCK, the lights won't come on at all. I always use this in store parking lots like wal-mart, etc so people looking to park don't see my reverse lights on, thinking someone is about to leave.
    rscruze likes this.
    Current
    2011 Chevy Cruze Eco 1.4T
    - Full Injen cold air kit, Forge BOV, Trifecta tuned, Clear side markers, AutoMeter Cobalt Boost Gauge & Aeroforce Interceptor, Tinted windows
    1994 Chevy K2500 6.5TD
    1988 Yamaha V-MAX
    2005 Suzuki DR-650

Past
    1995 Chevy S-10 2.2L (First car)
    1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 4.0L 5-Speed
    2007 Kawasaki Eliminator 125
    2007 Suzuki DR-650
    2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SBK15 View Post
    Also, You know how when you press the Lock button on the fob, the lights stay on for about 30 seconds? If you press unlock then immediately hit LOCK, the lights won't come on at all. I always use this in store parking lots like wal-mart, etc so people looking to park don't see my reverse lights on, thinking someone is about to leave.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Jammin View Post
    Does that "flicking the key" work on a 2013 1LT? Would rather not flick my engine like that lol
    Flick-starting doesn't harm the engine at all. For people who like to grind on starters (*side-eyeing my sister here*), it's actually very helpful.
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What is the purpose of the car going into neutral with your foot on the brake for more than 1 second? I find this a bit dangerous. Where I work, I noticed the car would drift back when I take my foot off of the brake - the roads are sloped quite a bit where I work. I didn't understand this until I read this feature on the forum
    Fuel-saving tweak, since the engine isn't working against the torque converter.
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

Driver's Ed
    Hey Chuv, here is a new one for your list;

If you are gonna install a roof rack, when you open the doors (Frt & Rr), look under the top jam, you will notice indentations were to place the hold down clips.

I installed the Sport Rack type (cheapest $$$, and not to bad of quality). I was trying to have them spaced as far apart as possible, to find out the clips would not seat well. I was jus' about to abort, and return the rack back to the store, then i noticed these indents...and "voila"...the rack is mounted, sturdy.
    obermd, jdubb11 and aharnak like this.

Driver's Ed
    One more thing, if you wanna put a trailer hitch on your cruze, it's really easy....I can't remember which site i ordered my hitch from, but it came quick. Then to install it, was even quicker...took me prob 'bout 46mins...with a bathroom break, and dodlling about it...(could prob have done it in like 24mins...)
    I pull a 4X7 dirtbike trailer, for my moto trials bike or quad. Along with the roof rack, it finishes off the car proper...now i can do a few extra things with the car....

If you leave your radio on by accident the car will shut everything off after EXACTLY 10 minutes. At my school its a pain to find parking so I usually get there 20-30 minutes before class and on the days where I got lucky right away I sat in my car and listened to music to pass time, and every 10 minutes I would have to turn the car back on after the power cut out.

Vinyl Overlays / Vinyl Decals \ Vinyl Wraps

2012 "Black Widow" Cruze - Sponsored by Mixxed Auto Design

3rd Gear
    My Balt does the same thing. It's a battery saver feature

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast