Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2013 Cruze ECO

Tags
2013 cruze eco
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

Brought home my new 2013 Cruze ECO AT yesterday afternoon. It is crystal red tint w/titanium interior. It has the driver's convenience package and enhanced safety package. I had purchased a 2012 on the 1st of this month, but it had some electrical issues. The sales consultant I was working with stepped in and when they got the 2013, he asked me if I wanted to switch to that. I couldn't be more pleased! I have never in my life been to a dealer where I felt at ease, comfortable and felt like I was treated like a human being throughout the whole process. Not to mention I received an unbeatable price on my original purchase. When things were not right, I didn't even have to ask, they made things right, and went the extra mile when they did not have to...it is quite refreshing to do business with a company that truly believes in customer service and is shown by their actions and not just some motto they have hanging on a wall in which they give lip service.:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

The new features on the 2013 make the car. I love the my link system which has a 5 day weather forecast, lists the nearest gas stations with the distance, their latest price for fuel and when you click on the name of the gs it gives you the address, phone etc and you can hit call and it dials the number. You can also determine which movie you want to see from the nearest theaters and it gives you the times they are available to watch. The bluetooth does a great job of interacting with the contacts on my android phone. It's seamless.

On the dash, between the RPM and speedometer gauge, the center instrument cluster has a software update. You can toggle through 3 tabs, the first being what was on the 2012, 2nd has your tire air pressures, battery voltage, units change, 3rd tab has all kinds of things for the ECO. It has the last 50 miles and best 50 miles avg, plus is takes the last 30 miles and breaks it down into 10 3 mile segments and shows the efficiency for each in a bar graph. Followed by a global graph of your overall fuel performance. You can toggle through each tab to get the different screens of information. Pretty nifty improvement. :)

I really dig the enhanced safety package. The rear camera is very nice to have when backing up. If someone is moving towards you down the isle you are backing out and can not see them, it beeps and also has a red indicator on the side of the backup screen and another indicator on side mirror where the car is coming from. The blind spot indicator work in the same manner when driving down the freeway and a car is in your blind spot an indicator goes off in the side mirror.

Lots of bells and whistles and I haven't even read the manual yet, just been playing with it a little. Very very impressed with the upgrades for the 2013. I actually can't wait to drive it on my long trip to work on Monday LOL!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! To be honest, I'm not sure what the price difference was in the My Link, they don't give the breakdown. It's standard equipment now and in the base price which is up from last year's model. Mine is the standard My Link and does not include any extra navigation system, nor the premium pioneer system, but it did appear to me the sound quality is improved over 2012 as well. The large color display is a lot of fun and is touch screen, but you can always use the same buttons that were on the 2012 to navigate the system. So those that like touch screen can do so and those that like buttons can stick with that...I find I do a little of both. It is a substantial upgrade in my opinion having used both...

#5 ·
Congratulations on your 2013 ECO. I am sooooo happy I bought a 2013 over the 2012 I was looking at. Like you said, the Touch screen is pretty sweet. Got any pics yet?

#7 ·
Welcome! And congrats on the 2013! The MyLink is quite impressive, I was tinkering with a '13 Malibu.

Also, I'm glad to hear your dealer took good care of you like that. That's awesome. Seems dealers like those are one in a million anymore..

Do post pics when you get a chance, especially from the interior dash. :th_coolio:

#8 ·
Kudos to your dealership to simply switch you to a new car when your "old" new car had so many problems. Double that for putting you into a 2013 vs a 2012.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.