Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Check engine light

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  hwruff 
#1 ·
Hello all first time poster here I got a 2011 cruze here check engine light just came on a emission code evap code which is the emissions the 3 year warranty just expired is there a 5 year warranty on the emissions system does anyone know???

#3 ·
Hey there,

Very sorry that your vehicle is currently showing a CEL, but we would be happy to direct you to the dealership for a diagnosis and look into this further for you. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and a preferred dealership. We hope to hear from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

#4 ·
The code is P0496 I took it to 2 different places autozone and advance auto the engine doesn't stall nor is it hard to start it does idle a little rough at times it started doing that about a month or too before the light came on. I don't drive the car that much it's my wife's car I just get to fix it and take it to the dealer for all the recalls which has become a real inconvenience.

#8 ·
Hey there,

Send me a private message on here, and include your VIN, contact information, current mileage and preferred dealership. I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

#9 ·
Called the dealer wants to put it on a diagnostic machine 80- 100 dollars then start replacing stuff they give you a 5 year warranty on emissions but that only covers the computer and catalayic convertor not the other parts. I've always owned a Chevy since I was 16-50 now with all the recalls with this car waiting at the dealer for 2-4 hours multiple times and now this a Dodge Dart might be the answer because of Chevys crappy attitude with this car and the money the dealer wants to make to. Thanks Chevy one pissed off customer!!!!

#12 ·
hwruff,

On a more serious note, have you tried a different dealership?

#13 ·
Yeah I called 2 of them and in order to get a idea of what's wrong they have to run the scan so even though I have the code on that note I'll replace the emissions valve myself it's on the top of the engine in the back it's 28 dollars on amazon and 61 at the dealer if that's not it I'll take it to a local guy not a dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.