LTZ Downsize
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LTZ Downsize

Driver's Ed

LTZ Downsize

After owning a 2007 Impala LTZ & a 2010 Impala LTZ, I decided that I wanted to downsize to get better mileage, but with a Chevrolet. So I picked up my 2013 LTZ RS Black Granite today and realy like this car already -awesome interior! It has 45 miles on it and I'll be going on my first road trip tommorrow.
    I also have a 79 Z/28 and an 84 Corvette Z-51, so the gas mileage will be appreciated, though I can actually get 26mpg highway with the Corvette in overdrive.
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of mileage I get with the Cruze, but I figure it will be less than advertised with so few miles on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Congrats on your new Cruze LTZ RS... Great choice in color gotta love that black granite metallic..

My first tank was 29 MPG, 2nd was 32, now with ~4000 miles on it (in 1 month at that....) Im averaging 36 MPG.

Congrats on your new Cruze! My first tank was really low as well- about 26.5, and that was filling up after at 292 miles The second tank was over 30 though, along with the rest of them since. That's with about 70% city though.

You might want to check your spark plug gaps too, to make sure they are at spec.
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

Congrats on the new LTZ, I'm sure you'll love it.

I only have an LS, but i've been able to squeeze out 38-40mpg over a 300 mile road trip once. I can only imagine if I had an Eco ._.

Vinyl Overlays / Vinyl Decals \ Vinyl Wraps

2012 "Black Widow" Cruze - Sponsored by Mixxed Auto Design

Administrator

Congrats on your Cruze and welcome to Cruzetalk.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide App

Learning about my Cruze
    First things first, tint those windows.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by glava2876 View Post
    After owning a 2007 Impala LTZ & a 2010 Impala LTZ, I decided that I wanted to downsize to get better mileage, but with a Chevrolet. So I picked up my 2013 LTZ RS Black Granite today and realy like this car already -awesome interior! It has 45 miles on it and I'll be going on my first road trip tommorrow.
    I also have a 79 Z/28 and an 84 Corvette Z-51, so the gas mileage will be appreciated, though I can actually get 26mpg highway with the Corvette in overdrive.
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of mileage I get with the Cruze, but I figure it will be less than advertised with so few miles on it.

glava2876,
    I would like to congratulate you on your new Cruze! Also thank you for your loyalty to Chevrolet!! I know you will love your new Cruze! It is a great car with great gas mileage! I would also like to welcome you to the forum! You will find a lot of great information here from a great group of people! I am always here and happy to help in any way that I can so please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions, comments or concerns that you may have. Enjoy your Cruze!!
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

Driver's Ed
    Well I left the house this morning with 24 miles on the Cruse and I now have 227 miles on it and I got 31.1 MPG in mostly highway. The car was great on the highway and awsome on the backroads!
    I was very surprised at how strong the engine felt and how tight the suspension and steering is on the twisties.
    I'm not a tuner guy, but like performance. When I looked around the site, it looks like buying a tuning download? is good and then the air inlet and the turbo blow off are easy things to modify and get good results? Does the download - tuner option cause warranty problems?
    What is the basic list of recommended modifications and in what order?
    Thanks to everyonr for the welcome and help.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast