Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Oil and cabin filter pictures

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Su8pack1 
#1 ·
Just thought I would post this up for general info. I purchased an oil filter for the CTD from CarQuest for $20 and got one from the dealer which was $18 and change. Here is a side by side with the AC Delco on the left. It is a little bigger round than the CarQuest and has a metal screen over the filter media. I also picked up 5 qts of the dexos2 5w-30 for my next oil change. I plan on running it for 5k miles and then sampling it.

Also are pictures of the cabin air filter. One is from my CTD and the other from our 2012 Cruze. The one from the CTD has 14k miles and 1.5 yrs on it. The other one has 25k miles and 2.5yrs on it.

The one with all the fuzzy's on it came from our 2012 Cruze. We have a ton of those trees around here.

I also installed Homelink. Turned out ok. Took me about two hours to do. Picked the Homelink up off Ebay for $20. I was in the process of installing LED's so I had the cover off the light.

See less See more
#5 ·
#4 ·
I would be leery of using a filter that's not the same size as the factory filter.

#6 ·
Yes, they just go back in like the regular bulb. Only thing is you have to make sure the power is on because they only go in one way, if you put the bulb in and it doesn't work, turn it around. No modifications and I like the brighter "white" light over the yellowish regular bulb.

#8 ·
I buy the AC filters for under 12 bucks online, buy 4 at a time and even with shipping its cheaper than 20 bucks each. BTW the AC filters at Chevy are only around 15 bucks.

Can you post the link to where you get your filters. Yes the dealer here seems to charge more than most. Disadvantage to living in a small town I guess.

#10 ·
I get my oil filter on Amazon with shipping it's just over $13

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.