Maintenance Parts?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance Parts?

Learning about my Cruze DieselEnvy's Avatar

Maintenance Parts?

I'm growing a bit concerned about the availability of maintenance parts for the diesel, ie:

Dexos2 Oil >> GM Part No. 88865157 seems to be available (for order) at Chevy dealerships, and it appears to be available from a small handful of on-line retailers. Yes, there's been discussion here of GM-approved equivalents, BUT I suspect they're even more difficult to find...especially with a statement of compatibility on the bottle.

Oil Filter >> GM Part No. 19301505 (or PF103G) >> Can't find this available anywhere on-line. Has anybody actually touched, sniffed, tasted this filter to know if it exists?

Fuel Filter >> GM Part No. Who knows(?) >> This still seems to be a mystery...

Air Filter >> GM Part No. 13272719 (AC3144C) >> At least this is the same one as the 1.4 gasser...

Granted, with the population of these new cars slowly ramping up, none of the above parts should be needed for some time. But I think some members here have indeed had to perform the first maintenance (oil change).

I think GM needs to step up, and get at least small quantities of these parts stocked at dealerships.

Even the information on the AC Delco website is disturbing. My search of "2014 Cruze" revealed that AC Delco didn't even list the 2.0 Diesel as an option...
    2014 Cruze TD >> RF Green, Roof, Fogs, Pioneer.
    When I say I'm in love, you best believe I'm in love L-U-Z!

2009 VW Jetta TDI 6M (TRADED >> Toooo many quality / reliability issues...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

4th Gear

Good points - all of them.

Dealerships will stock items based on demand and turnover. Pretty much any maintenance part I ever needed that wasn't stock came in 24 hours or less.

Some none maintenance things, like the rubber cargo mat, ship directly from the supplier and could take five days.

I've been curious about that oil filter too. Can't find squat about it on the Internet.

As far as AC Delco is concerned, it is no longer a part of GM and seems to spend a fair part of its time remarketing parts that come from other global suppliers. Not saying they're bad - just saying that globalization and bankruptcy have changed their business model.

Please also keep in mind that we're driving a 2014 model vehicle and it's still the 2013 model year for at least another month.
    Tomko

Current Fleet:
    2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
    2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)

1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
    1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
    1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)

1984 6000 STE (first car)

Administrator
    I don't expect many of these to be available for consumer purchase any time too soon, especially on a vehicle that is promised to have two years of free maintenance. Why this is an issue at this point is beyond me. Just take it to the dealer and have them service the car until such a time as parts can be made available.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

5th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselEnvy View Post
    Oil Filter >> GM Part No. 19301505 (or PF103G) >> Can't find this available anywhere on-line. Has anybody actually touched, sniffed, tasted this filter to know if it exists?
    The oil filter is 55577033. There are several on Ebay if you expand your search to worldwide, but quite expensive when you include shipping. I found one for about $17 including shipping and snapped it up. I will be out of the free maintenance soon due to mileage.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 58K (Domenic), 1990 Buick LeSabre 121K (Bob), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed (Rammstein - odo broken), 2014 Mercedes GLK250 Bluetec (not yet delivered)

4th Gear

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    The oil filter is 55577033. There are several on Ebay if you expand your search to worldwide, but quite expensive when you include shipping. I found one for about $17 including shipping and snapped it up. I will be out of the free maintenance soon due to mileage.
    Great tip!

Many thanks for this contribution to the a Cruze Diesel community.

Incidentally, how far are you going on oil changes and what does your oil life monitor say?
    Tomko

Current Fleet:
    2014 Cruze Diesel (daily grinder)
    2008 DTS Lux III (pleasure craft)

1996 Impala SS (garage queen)

Retired Fleet:
    1999 Tahoe PPV (14.5 years / 135,879 miles)
    1988 Caprice 9C1 (first new car)

1984 6000 STE (first car)

Learning about my Cruze DieselEnvy's Avatar
    As far as AC Delco is concerned, it is no longer a part of GM and seems to spend a fair part of its time remarketing parts that come from other global suppliers. Not saying they're bad - just saying that globalization and bankruptcy have changed their business model.
    Interesting. I did not know that.

Why this is an issue at this point is beyond me. Just take it to the dealer and have them service the car until such a time as parts can be made available.
    Mmmm.....that's just the problem. Generally speaking, the dealers aren't stocking the parts, and if they have to order the parts for a regular service, the customer will be waiting. More often than not, automotive enthusiasts have to educate the dealers, because corporate ain't doin' it.

The oil filter is 55577033.
    Thanks for the tip diesel. To be sure, how did you verify that number? I assume by personal examination?
    2014 Cruze TD >> RF Green, Roof, Fogs, Pioneer.
    When I say I'm in love, you best believe I'm in love L-U-Z!

2009 VW Jetta TDI 6M (TRADED >> Toooo many quality / reliability issues...)

Handbrake Released
    Guess I better call my dealer and make sure he has everything for my first service

I would not worry, i am sure the dealer's have stock up on it, call before.

Even if you have free maintenance, some people don't and i am willing to bet a dealer won't risk losing business in the service side, where they nail everyone.
    -Danny

☻/
    /▌
    / \

I was worried about all this. Being a new car to GM in the US and not having owned a Chevy before. Having had a VW and knowing a good third party mechanic I knew on the service side I would be good. This will definitely be a test of the dealer because if I can't trust them, I can't keep the car beyond the warranty. By then the new VW diesels will be out. I'm still holding out hope that the Cruze will work out but at least I know there will be other options soon.

My biggest fear is the dealer putting the wrong oil in.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast