Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Diesel Mylink owners ?

Tags
diesel mylink
35K views 164 replies 35 participants last post by  plasticplant 
#1 ·
Quick question for you guys. My radio was having some issues. Long story short the dealer tried to update the software on it. It Locked up the radio. The explanation I got was that some 14's got 13 Radios. When I got the car back the car began reading text messages to me. I was told this is only a feature of the 14 radios. Anybody have a diesel that can confirm this.

Part 2 of this is that my parking symbols the little triangles that appear when backing up no longer are available and there is no longer a rear view camera option under any of the menu tabs. Can anybody else check this out for me?

#2 ·
Hi rescueswimmer,

I'm sorry to hear that you expereinced some problems with your MyLink. Please feel free to reach out to our infotainment team regarding your concern, they should be able to further assist you. They can be reached at phone number 855-478-7767 and they’re open 8AM until 10PM seven days a week. Also, please feel free to follow up with us about your dealership visit. I will be glad to document your feedback within our system. If you have any other questions or need any further assistance, please feel free to send us a private message. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#4 · (Edited)
I had issues with my cars "My Link" mostly Pandora, My dealer found out I had Canadian My Link Programming, he installed the USA programming and all is better now..Mine does read my text's to me as well as loaded my contacts. You can load that feature by deleting your phone from your My link turn off the car, open the drivers door for a minimum 1 minute. Turn on the key, turn on your phones bluetooth and pare it to the My link. You will get 2 message's on your screen, 1 asks you if you want to enable text message easing on your stereo, and the other asks you if you want to import your contacts.

#5 ·
Thanks, My car was one of the first Diesels off the line so it had a 13 radio in it. It would not read text messages to us. But after it was replaced which I was told it was from a 14 it does. So that is cool. So you guys that have a radio that reads text messages any of you have the back up sensors and camera. Can you check your radio settings to see if you have the option for rear view camera under the display config menu?

#9 · (Edited)
Something is not right on my new CTD. It's a 2014 and should have US config. I do have the rear camera config menu and the symbols and I get weather and traffic alerts when on route with nav. I do not have an icon for messaging, fuel prices or any other XM travel link features.

Is there a good way to tell if I have a 2013 unit or a Canadian unit or just an obsolete version of software? I can see the version numbers (but not near car right now) but without knowing what the latest one is or how to decode their version numbers it doesn't seem like a lot of help.

Thanks,

Chris
I had the same symptoms as you. My radio was reflashed and this resolved all of my issues.
The message function is an option that has to be turned on in your Bluetooth options on your phone.
I never had an issue with my back-up warning symbols. As far as I know I now have full functional capability from the mylink system.

#11 ·
I had my mylink reprogrammed after I took delivery. I didn't have the pandora, movie, weather or fuel icons before the reflash. I just went out and looked and found the following: CONFIG>DISPLAY SETTINGS>REAR CAMERA OPTIONS>SYMBOLS. Mine also displays/reads text messages from my iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1. There is an option to turn this on in the phone. SETTINGS>BLUETOOTH>select "i" next to CHEVROLET CRUZE>SHOW NOTIFICATIONS.

Brad thanks for the info. Exactly what should be there. Next time your in your car any chance you could grab a picture of your radio software number. I tried to look at mine and there were about 25 different numbers LOL.

#10 ·
Part 2 of this is that my parking symbols the little triangles that appear when backing up no longer are available and there is no longer a rear view camera option under any of the menu tabs. Can anybody else check this out for me?
I don't have triangles on my backup display, it sounds like a good feature. I don't have a rear camera configure menu. My car was manufactured in October.

#12 ·
Sounds like I have a '13 radio too as I have never figured out how to get it to read text messages to me. The good thing is (referring to the post about battery dying due to old radio) is that I just left my car sit for nearly a week at the airport and it started just fine when I got back in. I was concerned that the old radio could have caused an issue there, but doesn't appear to be a problem in mine.

#15 ·
Thanks my first page versions are EO.OE.15.02

FYI,

I spoke with the audio guys at GM. Some 14 Diesels have the 13 Radio in it. They are not software upgrade able to have text to speech. (as per GM) Only the 14 MyLink radio is capable of this option. Have to take my car to the shop for them to re flash the radio so I get my back up sensor lights back and Camera tab under the display menu.

#19 ·
I have messaging, but no options for the backup camera. At least my backup camera works.

Electronics Multimedia Technology Electronic device Screen

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#20 ·
I have messaging, but no options for the backup camera. At least my backup camera works.

View attachment 69225

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
There isn't an icon for the camera. To get to the camera option follow this: CONFIG>DISPLAY SETTINGS>REAR CAMERA OPTIONS>SYMBOLS. You can either turn the symbols on or off, that is the only option.

#21 ·
Is this an issue Chevy Customer Service could look into for us and get a definitive answer on? I know life isn't fair, but it seems to me that a 2014 car should come with a 2014 radio (not a 2013). I could see if it was a minor difference between the model years, but having the ability for the radio to read back text is a HUGE safety improvement. I paid darn good money for this car and I think its pretty crappy that GM had a few left over 2013 radios and just said, heck, lets use them up and put them in the first few 2014's. NOT COOL GM! All 2014 owners that got "hosed" (as one member so elegantly put it) should be able to get the correct radio (2014) installed free of charge.

Reactions: gyrfalcon and Luigi
#22 ·
I have a feeling they are going to stick it to you. You may have better luck asking your dealer first then getting in touch with the area rep and see what they say. Especially if they have a diesel on the lot that has the 2014 radio in it. Also what does your owners manual state about it text to speech. I never really looked at mine. If it says it does it, that may help your cause. Maybe you can get them to "try and flash the new software and brake it like mine"

#23 ·
Hello all,

I am sorry to hear of this concern with your radios. Please feel free to send me a private message with your VINs and also a reference to this concern and I will be glad to look further into this for you. Thank you.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#46 ·
So it definitely looks like some of us got HOSED by Chevy, and got stuck with a sub-par radio on a $25k+ car... That really makes me want to purchase another chevy </sarcasm>
I hope the CSR gets back to us with some info on this.
Looks like we can give up our VINs and try to get help that way. I'm not sure what good that will do though. As mentioned earlier, I talked with a GM customer service rep from the Chevy website and basically got the run around. From what I've been hearing, we can't even upgrade the version on our "lame" radios without messing something up. We actually need the 2014 radio! I'm really angry about this. I travel quite a bit (I have over 16000 miles) and this feature would be quite literally a life saver.

#25 ·
Maybe a bigger issue than that. I have a 13 Cruze where Pandora and Stitcher are there but greyed out till you have the app on your phone and USB/Bluetooth connectivity. I played around with a 14 radio and the look is the same but the way they act is night and day over 13. I was irritated when I went back to my own 13 after having a 14 for almost 3 weeks as a loaner.

Not sure it it helps you guys, this is what my 13 looks like

#26 ·
BradHerr:

Not sure if you really don't have symbols or if you just aren't getting close enough. When I back into my tight little parking spot with a concrete wall behind me, I don't get the yellow triangle until I'm about 4 feet from the wall and then it turns red when i'm about 2 feet from the wall. This is considerably closer than when the beep beep beeps start.

#27 ·
2013 Mylink or Canadian?

Something is not right on my new CTD. It's a 2014 and should have US config. I do have the rear camera config menu and the symbols and I get weather and traffic alerts when on route with nav. I do not have an icon for messaging, fuel prices or any other XM travel link features.

Is there a good way to tell if I have a 2013 unit or a Canadian unit or just an obsolete version of software? I can see the version numbers (but not near car right now) but without knowing what the latest one is or how to decode their version numbers it doesn't seem like a lot of help.

Thanks,

Chris

#28 ·
I definitely want to know if mine has an older radio or not...I purchased mine shortly after the CTD came out..so if anyone of them have it, there is a good chance mine does...I have always wondered about the text to speech thing..I know it was advertised as a feature but I never figured it out, and just assumed it was an iPhone thing..

#33 ·
if you have an iphone there are a few settings you need to make on your phone so it works with the mylink for the "voice to text" to work. Then u press and hold call button on steering wheel until you hear the tone for siri. I thought it didnt work in my car until i played around with my phone settings and thats how I found out that it was my phone blocking mylink from doing the "voice to text".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.