Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Rattles and noises.

6K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  Su8pack1 
#1 ·
Anybody notice rattles and squeaks coming from interior trim panels and such? Michigan roads suck, but I didn't expect to be getting all that much noise this early in the game... What has been your experience?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
What's the Frequency Kenneth?:wub:

My CRUZE puts on a virtual concert of pops & clicks. I look at this thing as a Toy Car. I do not like popping from the struts/shocks or the corners of the CRUZE. I asked the Dealer and they were not aware of any popping issues. Of course that is why they replaced my rear trailing axle at 800 miles?

#11 ·
Hey tcruze94,

I understand that you are experiencing some unexpected noises in your Cruze. I will like to take a further look into this concern for you. Feel free to send us a private message in reference to this thread with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if we can be of any extra assistance. I look forward to helping!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#12 ·
The piece that sits on top of my instrument cluster vibrates against the instrument cluster itself like 70% of the time. It's driving me nuts. I'm thinking about getting like one of those sliders for chair legs on wood floors and cutting it into a small 1" by 1" square and shoving it between the two pieces. I have a feeling the dealership won't fix a rattle under warranty. Lol.

#19 ·
The piece that sits on top of my instrument cluster vibrates against the instrument cluster itself like 70% of the time. It's driving me nuts. I'm thinking about getting like one of those sliders for chair legs on wood floors and cutting it into a small 1" by 1" square and shoving it between the two pieces. I have a feeling the dealership won't fix a rattle under warranty. Lol.

This happened every day in my Cobalt. Haven't had it yet in the Cruze...fingers crossed.

#16 ·
I forgot to mention both my front seats will creak and groan at times when cornering, pretty sad considering no super fat people have been in my car and other cars I have had seats were quiet past past 100-200K.

This is especially true for the power drivers seat which usually happens after I move the seat & will take quite a few miles to find that quiet sweet spot.

#18 ·
lol I have some but just stoped searching for them, after my wind noise problem fixed partialy by the dealer the little rattles are not so bad trust me. What I do...pump up the volume and forget about them. You fix one rattle and next thing you notice you here something else comming from I don't know where. It's not the cruze, my past 4 new cars rattled from the first month, our roads are in very bad shape so I assume it's not helping very much.

#24 ·
Check your cabin air filter behind the glove box. Last fall I changed mine out at 35K miles and it was 75% blocked with dead leaves. I did reach in with my hand and vac & pull out leaves from under the cabin air filter too.

Yesterday I decided to check it since for the last 6 months I had a constant ticking sound with the blower on 1-2 but not higher settings. Sure enough there was a small handful of leaves with one large one rattling under the cabin air filter.

It almost seems leaves are able to get sucked past the cabin air filter along the front edge between the filter and cover you open, as I found leaves both times as soon as I open the cover. Maybe a thin piece of foam is in order to better seal this area.

#25 ·
Perfectly solid and quiet here in 77K miles

#27 ·
We can certainly understand how frustrating this rattling noise must be, Aerogeek. If needed, we'd be happy to contact your dealership and speak with them about your concern. Feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name for further assistance. We look forward to helping with this!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

#28 ·
The only one I get that I notice and annoys the snot out of me is coming from the driver's door panel somewhere near the back by the seatbelt.

Drives me crazy because I can hear it in my left ear.

I'm about 3 thousand miles away from being out of B2B warranty. I can't decide if I want to take it in for this as once panels get pulled, it usually on tends to make matters worse from my experience.

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have no muffler on my dodge w/a cummins,5" pipe straight out the back.I have to turn the radio up loud enough for the car next to me to hear it and you guys are crying about rattles give me a brake.These are assembly line cars probally built in a couple of hours be happy there as good as they are for how much they costJust think you could spent 80-250,000 on a vehicle and have the same **** noises.Myaybe you could all just listen to the passenger ***** about something and then you wouldn't notice the little rattles that are annoying

*swear filtered a single word that made it through*

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have no muffler on my dodge w/a cummins,5" pipe straight out the back.I have to turn the radio up loud enough for the car next to me to hear it and you guys are crying about rattles give me a brake.These are assembly line cars probally built in a couple of hours be happy there as good as they are for how much they costJust think you could spent 80-250,000 on a vehicle and have the same **** noises.Myaybe you could all just listen to the passenger ***** about something and then you wouldn't notice the little rattles that are annoying

*swear filtered a single word that made it through
This is unnecessary. Please take your negativity elsewhere.

#34 ·
Hey Eddy , Me 4 year old cruzen has developed a squeak and a whoosh , whoosh sound .

Told ya IT gets better with age !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.