Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

TRIFECTA Cruze DIESEL Calibration: +50WHP/+66ft-lbs without DPF issues!

80K views 297 replies 53 participants last post by  TheRealHip 
#1 · (Edited)

http://i59.tinypic.com/1r5gyd.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/nx2y2o.jpg

images are attached above

TRIFECTA presents: Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ/Aisin 6-speed Automatic Transmission MY2014+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming

This release post is a presentation of the software engineering capabilities of TRIFECTA Performance: TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ Engine and corresponding Aisin AF40 6-speed automatic transmission reprogramming. You're looking at the "fastest Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ in North America" (as of September 22nd 2014).

On the MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel, the TRIFECTA powertrain power delivery profile recalibration does not negatively affect DEF/DPF system performance and longevity: the powertrain calibration is designed to be non-intrusive in any vehicle duty cycle and does not trigger the DPF regeneration cycle at an elevated rate. Improvements made to the combustion cycle efficiency provide better fuel efficiency, lowers DEF consumption, while lowering DPF accumulation rate. Under severe vehicle duty cycles, the profiled TRIFECTA powertrain DPF regeneration cycle calculation model improvements also reduce visits to the dealership for the intrusive manual regeneration due to vehicle limp mode due to emissions equipment service requirements; also reduces emissions overall for a less environmental impact: the vehicle will not increment particulate (soot) at an elevated rate (any faster than the OE vehicle ECM calibration).

The TRIFECTA Performance Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ MY2014+ powertrain calibration is an easy to install software performance recalibration with an included flash loader device providing specific power increases of +66 ft-lbs@2850RPM and +51 WHP@4300RPM (Peak vs Peak gains of +50 ft-lbs and +39 WHP on ULSD diesel) to a completely stock Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ/Aisin MY2014.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD LUZ ECM software reprogramming:

-Specific power increases of +66 ft-lbs@2850RPM under the curve and +51 WHP@4300RPM (Peak vs Peak gains of +50 ft-lbs and +39 WHP on ULSD diesel)
-Powertrain calibration has been tested and validated for various environments, such as cold/heat, elevation, and summer/winter diesel blend
-Power feels linear and immediately responsive
-Clean Diesel combustion cycle efficiency is maintained: under elevated duty cycles the vehicle will not increment particulate (soot) at an elevated rate (any faster than the OE vehicle ECM calibration)
-Combustion cycle efficiency improvements increase fuel efficiency, lowers DEF consumption while lowering DPF accumulation rate
-Improvements made to DPF regeneration cycle calculation model reduces emissions and increases fuel economy: under severe vehicle duty cycle, will reduce visits to the dealership for manual regeneration and reduce probability of vehicle limp mode due to emissions equipment service requirements
-Retains all GM OE diagnostics functionality and ECM featuresets
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Emissions readiness checks are present; emissions compliant
-Maintains functionality of ABS and TC systems
-Return to stock functionality included with flash loader
-Extended testing of 100,000 miles with 100 hrs of wide open throttle testing
-C.A.R.B. pending

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Aisin AF40 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary Aisin transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics functionality and TCM diagnostics
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles

Installation Notes:

-Estimated installation time of ~30 minutes

Dyno sheet:

Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD LUZ dyno graph (ULSD diesel) (this vehicle is a MY2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD with a LUZ 2.0TD engine) - stock wheels/tires:

http://i60.tinypic.com/nedus8.jpg

Additional information and availability:

-Please contact TRIFECTA Performance: info@trifectaperformance.com or visit WOT-tuning: WOT-Tuning.com for more information
-This powertrain calibration is available exclusively through TRIFECTA Performance and WOT-tuning; (as of September 22nd 2014): wholesale inquiries are welcome though provided that you are an existing and active TRIFECTA reseller
-This powertrain calibration includes a TRIFECTA powertrain calibration file specific to your vehicle and includes a flash loader device
-Powertrain calibrations currently exist for North American vehicles only, with more regions to follow
-Pricing TBA

-

See less See more
#4 ·
No. The current generation flash loader device is the TRIFECTA RED Cable (USB to OBD2); a laptop is needed for installation.

By offloading the device communications and protocol overhead to a laptop computer, in effect (and in our opinion) the TRIFECTA RED Cable (USB to OBD2) flash loader device itself is more future proof.

A standalone flash loader solution such as a handheld programmer will still "need" a laptop: any GM updates if provided will still require internet access and a personal computer, first to install the file from a personal computer to the handheld programmer, and then from the handheld programmer to the vehicle.

With every TRIFECTA flash loader mechanism, a comprehensive flash recovery function featureset is included to recover the vehicle in case of a truncated or interrupted flash install. Our recovery feature will recover from any ECM state.

The TRIFECTA powertrain recalibration for the MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel includes a comprehensive program that includes increased power from the LUZ engine (without negatively affecting the DPF particulate accumulation factors and without increasing DEF consumption) and improved shift logic and quicker shifts from the Aisin AF40 6-speed automatic transmission with increased clutch pack engagement pressure settings to compliment the increased power.

This calibration includes divergent environmental testing and will perform consistently in different elevations, cold/heat, and on winter diesel blends.

The TRIFECTA Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ/Aisin 6-speed Automatic Transmission MY2014+ Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming includes:

-Lowers DEF consumption, while lowering the DPF particulate (soot) accumulation rate (vs stock). (Less visits to the dealership: less likely to require manual DPF regeneration than stock)

-Includes an Aisin AF40 automatic transmission recalibration for a complete power delivery profile: Power feels linear and immediately responsive.

-Better MPG through improvements made to the combustion cycle and the Aisin AF40 reprogramming.

-TRIFECTA validation standards apply to this powertrain calibration: extended testing of 100,000 miles with 100 hrs of wide open throttle testing; superior mechanical longevity and engine/transmission lifespan.

+66 ft-lbs@2850 RPM and +51 WHP@4300RPM

(Peak vs Peak gains of +50 ft-lbs and +39 WHP)

(And if you're counting: +155 ft-lbs@1550 RPM)

Mitchell@TRIFECTA

#25 ·
What was posted at the time was that Trifecta didn't have a CDT tune, which was true. Now they do.

#5 ·
This sounds like the real deal. I'm excited!

#7 · (Edited)
now that's better a tune that will adjust our transmissions with the upgraded tune because I feel the transmission could use some tweaking BUT i must say i still like fleece performance because of the power that makes but i wish the transmission was also updated

#8 ·
Impressive. Will be curious to see how the new VW MK7 Golf TDI's once tuned stack up against the Cruze TD.

#10 ·
I'm a stock kind of guy - but those are some impressive numbers.

#12 ·
Dang dang dang!!! Last year I made an inquiry on this, and Steven (Weller) replied stating they had no plans yet. I then sold my red cable.

Now I want my red cable back... :(

Looks like I'll be saving money for this tune. Fleece, support wise, has been most disappointing...

#19 ·
Looks like I'll be saving money for this tune. Fleece, support wise, has been most disappointing...
Exactly what I was worried about, do a tune, and then forget all about it.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy with my Fleece tune but some tweaking or updates would be nice.

No way I would shell out more money just to get this tune though.

#24 ·
I'd love to tune my Cruze, but I have two major concerns:

A) Unless the Cruze can be tuned back to stock and the tune is undetectable by the service department at the dealership, it will void the 7 year warranty that I spent way too long negotiating lol. I heard that the Cruze has an ECM that is encrypted or something like that (I don't know enough about computers to fully know) and even if you return it to stock, the encryption will no longer be there and the service department will be able to tell you tuned it.

B) How is everything going to hold up to the extra power? DPF, DEF consumption, the turbo, the transmission, and basically every component of the car that somehow relates to the drivetrain.

#26 · (Edited)
I can't speak to "A", but there is reason to believe GM detunes their systems to lower the cost of ownership and hopefully longer life of the components. We also know that GM has a system flash that causes regens to occur more frequently for those people driving mainly city and not getting their cars to operating temperatures long enough. This information came to light about a month ago in another thread. The fact that Trifecta doesn't push the hardware to the limit shows they understand good engineering practices. In the gas world, there is at least one tuner who doesn't seem to understand that you cannot push the hardware to the limit and expect it to last. Yes, there is some risk to these tunes and vehicles with weaker parts have seen those parts fail relatively quickly, but for the most part Trifecta's gas performance tunes haven't caused any issues with longevity or reliability. I expect to see the same with this tune.

Edit: My ECO MT is stock - I'm summarizing what I've seen here over the past two plus years.

#34 ·
Very interested in this Trifecta tune option. Would love to get rid of that throttle lag on acceleration, and better auto trans shifting. But, I am wondering how easy it is to switch back to OEM tune if the car needs to go in for service?

Reactions: Cruze2.0TD
#36 ·
I also dislike the amount of lag from a dead stop, you certainly have to be aware of it when merging. The car does have plenty of power after the initial couple of seconds, in fact it's fun. I understand why GM did it though, this engine puts out some respectable torque numbers stock.

I am also curious if this tune works the same way as the 1.4t tune with regard to GM service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.