Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Have you gotten the NOx recall done?

• No

Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Yes, and got P11DC CEL (or similar) within 1000 miles after (post details below)

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Yes, and no problems for at least 1000 miles after

Votes: 19 25.0%

NOx Emission Recall Poll and P11DC - Please post only in this thread

91K views 421 replies 70 participants last post by  TGillis 
#1 · (Edited)
Seems like a lot of people are having a check engine light after getting this recall done. I wanted to create one thread where we can all post our experience and updates.

I got a P11DC within 650 miles after getting the recall done. I am going back to the dealer for followup and will report updates.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks diesel, will be interested to see the results of poll. Hope your issue as well as others gets resolved quickly. Plan to wait for a month or two then get it done, hope they get the program done correctly. Want to address while under full warranty. 20,700 trouble free miles so far, fingers crossed.

#13 · (Edited)
Did they finally get your P11DC resolved?

The P11DC code actually prompted me to get the recall work done; i was going to wait for a bit. I'm at least 1000 miles post work and all seems well (knock on wood).
Interesting that you got the P11DC before the recall work.

All in all, I don't really mind being the guinea pig on this. Car is back at dealer and I told them to take their time. Hopefully they are able to get some pooled data with GM TAC and come up with something to get those with problems back on their way. I can't really complain, I haven't really had too many issues with the car and I am pushing 200K miles. Some bumps in the road at this point are to be expected. I'm just concerned in people getting the recall done and then having a CEL shortly after.

Reactions: MRO1791
#8 ·
No, I have not had the recall done. I have owned the car for more than 2 years and I am at 43,xxx miles with 0 CEL's to date. I won't be doing the "fix" until I have a problem with the original part.

Reactions: Canadian Cruzer
#10 ·
The P11DC code actually prompted me to get the recall work done; i was going to wait for a bit. I'm at least 1000 miles post work and all seems well (knock on wood).

Reactions: pacolino
#11 ·
I was a little click happy on the poll. I have had the work done and no problems so far...my bad.

#12 ·
Both of mine have had the recall, no post recall problems yet on either car. Regen is definitely less frequent, by alot, about double the distance it appears.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

#14 ·
We've only put on about 800 miles since the recall work was done, so I will report back once we're past 1000 miles.

Reactions: diesel and MRO1791
#15 ·
Work done, nothing yet. Haven't gotten to 1K miles.

#20 ·
So, seems like there are indeed several people who have had the recall and no problems directly related to it. Interesting.

I will post back next week when my dealer gets mine sorted out.

#21 ·
Had the recall done...no issues.

#24 ·
Or your dealership service department is garbage.

Wife's car shows a mere 20 regens for 24k miles?! This must be post new ECM. k
Interesting. I've read that the car will regen regardless of soot at 1250 miles. Seems like her car is close to the max interval every time. Very interesting.

#23 ·
Wife's car shows a mere 20 regens for 24k miles?! This must be post new ECM. Anyhow, about 600 miles post recall, no issues 18 PM.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

#26 ·
Had mine done last week. I questioned the SM since my scan gauge said 259 miles since last regen. He said they don't do the manual regen anymore because the new flash memorizes the soot settings. It started regenerating on the way home from the dealer even though the soot mass was 19. The next day it completed the regen and immediately a CEL came on. Code 2453 DPF pressure sensor. I took it back and the dealer cleared the code.

#27 ·
For some reason I thought I presssd Yes and had CEL since recall but for some reason it went in the No section. Since the recall I had the CEL come on 4 or 5 times now and twice it had cleared itself just to come back a day or 2 later. I can't even keep track anymore. Everytime the CEL was a NOX sensor code. I've had 3 NOX sensors replaced and intake clamps tightened on another occasion.

#28 ·
i think one person accidentally clicked No and one Yes, so we are even now. Seems like roughly 1/2 of people who've had the recall done are having problems.

#29 ·
My car has been back to the dealer three times since recall. First time they had it for a day. Second time they had it 3 days. I dropped my car off on the 8th, they had it all day Friday, no joy. I don't think anything was done over the weekend. On the good news, dealer gave me a brand new 17 Cruze. Nice car. The 1.4 Turbo seems to be a good engine, much prefer the turbo diesel. The back seat seems to have more leg room than the previous generation. Overall it is a comfortable and very nice car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.