NOx Emission Recall Poll and P11DC - Please post only in this thread - Page 16

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the NOx recall done?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

30 45.45%
  • Yes, and got P11DC CEL (or similar) within 1000 miles after (post details below)

19 28.79%
  • Yes, and no problems for at least 1000 miles after

17 25.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: NOx Emission Recall Poll and P11DC - Please post only in this thread

Driver's Ed

No P11dc this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn in CO View Post
    New member here, I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel with approximately 26,000 miles on the car. Bought the car new in January 2014. Had no issues with the car other than a couple times I had a CEL and the car would clear the code the next time I drove it. Then in October of this year I had a CEL (P2428) while driving and caused the car to shut down when driving 75+ miles per hour on the freeway. I turn the ignition off and started the car again, the car ran fine but still had a CEL. So I pulled into a Chevy dealership a few miles away and they advise me of the code , but there were no parts available in the state and suggested I go to my local dealer when I got home. I took the car to my local dealer when I got home and because the other dealer or the car had cleared the code, the dealer would not fix the car because they could not duplicate the issue, even though I gave them paperwork from the dealer that found the issue. So I went back to the dealer who found the issue (who is eighty miles away-one way) to fix the CEL and to do the recall at the same time. The dealer fix the CEL and the recall , then found a problem with the DEF Reservoir and had to order a new one. So another trip back to the dealer again.
    So after three trips to the dealer (eighty miles away-one way) and only 780 miles after all the recall and issues were fixed I received the CEL P11DC code. Went to a new dealer (forty miles-one way) today to fix the P11DC and they fixed it , but found another sensor that had a issue and would have to order the part. I’m schedule to have that part replace this Wed., the service writer couldn’t remember what was and I didn’t want to hang around to find out. I will let you know what they replaced.

Here is my list of codes and fixes:

P2099
    P2428
    P2598
    P11DC
    DEF Tank Reservoir
    Recall Campaign to replace Nox sensor and reprogram ECM
    We'll, I received another CEL this week and went to the dealership expecting a Pd11c code, but they said it wasn't that. They have to order a new air intake and a vacuum pump? for the turbo. This is the six trip into two different dealerships and said I wanted a loaner car because parts were not available to fix my car. They didn't have a loaner car but rented me a car from Enterprise and when I went to pick up the rental car, the people at Enterprise told me the car had to be a GM product. I thought that was a little interesting! We'll I'll post what the dealership had done to the car when I get it back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

diesel is offline [OP]
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn in CO View Post
    We'll, I received another CEL this week and went to the dealership expecting a Pd11c code, but they said it wasn't that. They have to order a new air intake and a vacuum pump? for the turbo. This is the six trip into two different dealerships and said I wanted a loaner car because parts were not available to fix my car. They didn't have a loaner car but rented me a car from Enterprise and when I went to pick up the rental car, the people at Enterprise told me the car had to be a GM product. I thought that was a little interesting! We'll I'll post what the dealership had done to the car when I get it back.
    Thanks for the update and definitely keep us posted.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Clean Turbo Diesel 202K (Domenic), 1986 Mercedes 300E 5 Speed odo broken (Rammstein - Sold and then repurchased), 2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6M 7K (Gordon), 2004 Mercedes S430 4Matic 187K (Kevin) - Going to be the daily grinder for now, but I still love my Cruze!!

Driver's Ed
    37,000 miles on my 14 and i will not be going in for the recall untill it happens to me. Only problem i have had with the car is a leaky trans cooler line just last week. The dealer wanted 4-500 to fix it because it was passed 36k. I told the I would have it done by a local guy shop (ME). $50 from rock auto and about 2 hrs.
    riverratlou likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Trans cooler should have been covered under the Powertrain warranty - considering the trans is part of Powertrain.

But: it's probably better you didn't have the dealer do it - they would have performed the recall.
    riverratlou likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Stock
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

Learning about my Cruze Canadian Cruzer's Avatar
    well after allmost 3yrs with my Cruze diesel I pulled the trigger this week and traded for a new Verano. It was a deal I coudn't walk away from at 6000.00 difference. I certainly wasn't plannnig on getting a new vehicle but I have a couple of big road trips planned of 2000 miles plus and I was nervous of breaking down. Other than one cel very early on that went away on its own, I didn't have any issues at all and I have to say that I loved the power and fuel mileage of the diesel, I will miss that.
    I do want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the valuable info that that you gave. I will stop by now and then to check up on how the emission problems will get sorted out.
    I'm rooting for all of you and wish you all the best of luck!!
    IndyDiesel likes this.
    2014 CruzeTD
    2008 Saturn Astra XE
    1993 Mercedes 300E

Why would you be nervous of breaking down if all you had was a CEL that went away? Doesn't sound like something you needed to worry about being reliable...
    Chris Tobin likes this.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Stock
    Hidden Content
    1998 Chevy Cavalier Sedan - Cold Air Intake, '01 Camaro Front Seats, MES 2.25" Downpipe, Dents, Rust.
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Cruzer View Post
    well after allmost 3yrs with my Cruze diesel I pulled the trigger this week and traded for a new Verano. It was a deal I coudn't walk away from at 6000.00 difference. I certainly wasn't plannnig on getting a new vehicle but I have a couple of big road trips planned of 2000 miles plus and I was nervous of breaking down. Other than one cel very early on that went away on its own, I didn't have any issues at all and I have to say that I loved the power and fuel mileage of the diesel, I will miss that.
    I do want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for all the valuable info that that you gave. I will stop by now and then to check up on how the emission problems will get sorted out.
    I'm rooting for all of you and wish you all the best of luck!!
    What scared you enough to buy another car? And if I'm reading correctly you spent $6,000 more for the piece of mind!!! That's a lot to shell out to get rid of a car that has been very reliable for you thus far after 3-years of reliable service. Please explain more what was bothering you or what you were afraid of...

Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    Why would you be nervous of breaking down if all you had was a CEL that went away? Doesn't sound like something you needed to worry about being reliable...
    I don't understand why either? It sounds like the car was reliable. I have put around 14,000 miles on mine in about 6 months and it has been a great car!!!
    Last edited by Chris Tobin; 01-13-2017 at 04:35 PM.
    Chris Tobin
    Editor--Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine
    Contributor to Diesel World, Street Trucks and more

Drag Racing Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tobin View Post
    What scared you enough to buy another car? And if I'm reading correctly you spent $6,000 more for the piece of mind!!! That's a lot to shell out to get rid of a car that has been very reliable for you thus far after 3-years of reliable service. Please explain more what was bothering you or what you were afraid of...

I don't understand why either? It sounds like the car was reliable. I have put around 14,000 miles on mine in about 6 months and it has been a great car!!!
    I don't think Canadian Cruzes needs to justify why he chose to trade his ctd in. The emissions on this ctd is touchy at best, you and I have had zero problems so we love the car. I love my car but I can't say I love the idea of an emission issue reducing my speed or shutting my car down, a gas Verano probably doesn't have these potential issues. I drove a gas Cruze Premier and was impressed by the car and the idea of not having diesel emission issues to worry about. plus if you have emissions related issues out of warranty the cost is borderline insane, just read about a member here havingalmost $3000 to fix emissions related issues and some maintenance. I love my ctd but I am not married to it.

Congrats to canadian Cruze, hope you love your Buick Verano.
    MRO1791 likes this.

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    if you have emissions related issues out of warranty the cost is borderline insane, just read about a member here havingalmost $3000 to fix emissions related issues and some maintenance.
    What's insane is that someone would spend 3k fixing emissions issues out of warranty when they could have spent half that and never had to worry about another emissions issue again.
    Chris Tobin and MRO1791 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    I don't think Canadian Cruzes needs to justify why he chose to trade his ctd in. The emissions on this ctd is touchy at best, you and I have had zero problems so we love the car. I love my car but I can't say I love the idea of an emission issue reducing my speed or shutting my car down, a gas Verano probably doesn't have these potential issues. I drove a gas Cruze Premier and was impressed by the car and the idea of not having diesel emission issues to worry about. plus if you have emissions related issues out of warranty the cost is borderline insane, just read about a member here havingalmost $3000 to fix emissions related issues and some maintenance. I love my ctd but I am not married to it.

Congrats to canadian Cruze, hope you love your Buick Verano.
    Nope, he doesn't have to do anything. He did not need to post about it either, but he chose to post that he got rid of the Cruze, willingly I might ad, I don't think anyone forced him. But since he posted about his decision on a public forum, forum members would like to know the reasoning behind the decision. I think that is a reasonable question to ask... Especially since he said it was reliable for 3-years, many of us wonder why he thought it couldn't handle a 2,000 mile trip all of a sudden.

Some people just want a new car, and if that is/was the case cool, but if there was some concern... like it started doing XXXXX or XXXXX then it would be good info to know. Would it not???

Gassers have problems too BTW...
    MRO1791 likes this.
    Chris Tobin
    Editor--Ultimate Diesel Builder's Guide magazine
    Contributor to Diesel World, Street Trucks and more

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.