NOx Emission Recall Poll and P11DC - Please post only in this thread - Page 37

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the NOx recall done?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

30 46.15%
  • Yes, and got P11DC CEL (or similar) within 1000 miles after (post details below)

19 29.23%
  • Yes, and no problems for at least 1000 miles after

16 24.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: NOx Emission Recall Poll and P11DC - Please post only in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by diesel View Post
    Tell them if the recall was done that it should be undone. The P11DC should go away. As for the P21DD, that should be the DEF tank heater. Once these two are fixed, you should be good to go for a long time.
    Thanks! That is what I mentioned to them after reading everything you guys have been posting here.

I even had them buy the DEF tank heater off of me so they aren't waiting for the parts to come in. Helps to have a warehouse full of diesel parts sometimes.
    diesel and Chris Tobin like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Driver's Ed
    They did OK, not what I really wanted, but decent. So far I am loving the Colorado diesel
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDiesel View Post
    Hope that works well for you and dealer gave you a fair price for trade.
    IndyDiesel likes this.

4th Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by JSWCTD2014 View Post
    I just finally gave up, had the dealer buy the car back and got the Colorado diesel.
    just picked up a new canyon diesel yesterday but not about to give up my cruze diesel. replaced my old 98 sierra pickup. after the canyon is broke in....... its tune time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

We did not take ours in and by the sounds of it I'm glad.
    Had P0133 come on twice early in its life. Reset on its own both times and hasn't came back in close to 2 years now.

Was planning on waiting as long as possible for ANY emissions recall to make sure the bugs get worked out.
    2014 Cruze Diesel
    Tungsten Metallic
    2000 Silverado "Classic" Crewcab 3500
    6.5L Turbo Diesel/auto/4x4/SRW/LB

Handbrake Released theonlypheonix's Avatar
    59K miles of relatively trouble free driving on my Cruze TD and now the intermittent NOX code virus starts . After reading through the postings it seems that the cause remains at issue even with GM . Has anyone sorted out the real issue at the root of the problem?? NO recalls done on my Cruze to date! The car gets regular oil changes at 5K miles with ONLY Dexos2 for sure ( I don't rely on confused dealerships),GM spec fuel additives during the winter months, but I'm limited to using B20 in the area where I normally drive. My drive consists of 90% hwy 60 to 70 MPH at a rate of 120 miles/day. Brisk acceleration when entering the hwy otherwise just cruzing a steady speed.

The problem seemed to start with a P2202 code... simple enough just clean the NOX 1 sensor right? Cleaned the sensor, reset the DIC and all was good... for about a week. Then there has been a random stream of P11CC, P11DB, P11D3, P11DC codes. Generally the codes begin at cold start which I can reset and they will generally stay off for the entire drive until the next time I run the car from a cold start. Every time I pull the sensors to clean they are coated heavily with soot even after 1 day of driving. I'm beginning to wonder whether a sticking/leaking EGR is the cause of the problem but I never encountered a no start condition due to a stuck open EGR.

Has anyone been able to definitely link the EGR valve to these reported NOX problems?
    Last edited by theonlypheonix; 04-21-2017 at 02:35 AM.
    '15 Cruze Diesel- daily driver, currently 57K on clock. Hidden Content
    '05 Bonn GXP North*-head gaskets at 122K mi,head gaskets again at 153Kmi- TTY head bolts replaced w/studs,current 199Kmi
    '05 F350, 6.0L,SB, DRW -work horse at 175Kmi; other diesels owned '80 Rabbit, '85 Toyota Pickup, '85 Olds 88.
    '93 Stealth TT -garage princess but on the road she's King!!

Well my answer to this poll just changed. 72,000 km's now. Recall was done at about 65,000 km's amd check engine light just came on. I scanned it and it's the infamous P11DC. It'll be going in on Monday.

Driver's Ed
    Black soot is normal on nox sensor 1, but nox sensor 2 should always be clean
    pacolino likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.