Where is DIESEL??

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Where is DIESEL??

magnusson is offline [OP]

Where is DIESEL??

We need you man. How many miles you at? Come back!
    Rivergoer likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Rivergoer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnusson View Post
    We need you man. How many miles you at? Come back!
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 220,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

@diesel

He hasn't been on since May 2nd...and he just won MOTM too.

Unfortunately, this was his most recent post (on April 18th): Emissions delete/race tune install

Quote Originally Posted by diesel
    You know, it seems as if my tenure here may need to draw to a conclusion. The people I have helped through the years have seemed to vanish and it's nothing but people who are all gung-ho about deleting and flame me every time I say anything against what they believe. God forbid I say anything against a delete. My car went 202K miles relatively trouble free, fully stock, and there are just one too many people on here who can't stand that fact. It's really getting old.

I am seriously considering taking a hiatus from moderating and from being on this forum. This has been building for a while and I think it may have just boiled over.

It does not seem like the reasons I chose to be very active on the forum for nearly 4 years are in place any more, and that all I needed to say, has been said.
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - MSR 013 17" wheels
    Hidden Content
    2007 Chevy Cobalt LT Coupe - M62 w/ 2.9" pulley, Header/Downpipe/Exhaust, FE5 Struts/Shocks/Control Arms/Front Swaybar, SSC Springs, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, MSR 045 18" wheels w/ Direzza ZIIs, G85 Recaros + much more
    Hidden Content
    2017 Chevy Volt LT - Stock
    Hidden Content
    1981 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Zapco Amp & Pre-Amp/Equilizer, Kenwood Tape Deck, Pyle 8" Woofers & SEAS 4.5" Mids in Deck, JVC Ribbon Tweeters in Doors
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Learning about my Cruze Rivergoer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
    @diesel

He hasn't been on since May 2nd...and he just won MOTM too.

Unfortunately, this was his most recent post (on April 18th): Emissions delete/race tune install
    Well, I for one am forever grateful for members like Diesel who cared enough to share invaluable, detailed information/experiences about the CTD.

Being a former TDI owner I believe there are a lot of people like me out there who have already taken or will be taking the VW buyout $$$ and moving into CTD. Reading this forum, I've learned more about this car in 2 months than I did in 7 years of VW ownership.

So thank you to Diesel, JBlackburn, IndyDiesel, XtremeRevolution, MP81, Beaurrr, HarleyGTP, BrandoFisher117, Tomko, Gator, BradHerr, KpaxFAQ, Obermd and countless others. Those of you going to Lordstown, wishing you happy Cruzin' and good times for sure!

Dennis
    Parker, AZ
    2014 White Cruze Diesel, 3rd Owner, Bought 3/17 With TDI Buyback $$$
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 Cummins Dually, 220,000 Miles
    1987 Chevy 3/4 Ton 4x4 Suburban, 383 Stroker, North of 300,000 Miles
    Thank you Veterans!

If this site starts losing the experts, it is very bad for the site. I read his posts even though I may not have replied to many of them, I learned from him and others like him. These experts are one of the reason I am a member and do appreciate their advice. This site needs people like DIESEL. Otherwise, it's just another useless website.
    Aussie, Merc6, vwgtiglx and 5 others like this.
    Black Granite CTD

Learning about my Cruze
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    If this site starts losing the experts, it is very bad for the site. I read his posts even though I may not have replied to many of them, I learned from him and others like him. These experts are one of the reason I am a member and do appreciate their advice. This site needs people like DIESEL. Otherwise, it's just another useless website.
    Agreed!

Handbrake Released

I was getting weary of the uncompromisising pro-delete mentality as well, which frankly is beyond silly.

And, I totally second what Rivergoer said. Indeed.
    MP81 and Rivergoer like this.

Administrator

He and at least one other member have decided to part ways with Cruzetalk for at least the time being. They may return - we have had a few members over the years have left and then returned.
    2017 Volt LT
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    2012 ECO MT (totaled by hail 5/8/2017 @103,600 miles) - Black Granite/Cloth; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles - title transferred to son on college graduation)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Touring Champion
    Sydney, Australia, Suburb called Lalor Park.
    I have to admit I spend most of my time on the Holden FB pages these days, but I still check in every so often. Diesel was always a good read.
    Merc6 and Rivergoer like this.
    Hidden Content
    2012 Holden Cruze CDX Diesel, Nitrate Silver,
    Tinted windows, SRI-V wheels. Built July 2012, MY13 model

Handbrake Released
    Yep, I don't understand the need for keyboard Ninjas to bash other people, or there beliefs. Especially in this setting. Its not like we are pushing politics over here int he D forum. **** you want to delete stuff from your car more power to you. You wan't to keep your car bone stock, and just drive it 200K miles and not have to monkey around. That is great too. The forum as whole will continue on but it is not as strong when experienced people decide to part ways.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.