Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

December 12" Official MOTM Submission Thread

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 ·
All Members are eligible and encouraged to nominate a Candidate for MOTM!
Entrys must be made by 11:59:59 p.m. December 20th, 2012.
Voting will begin December 21st, and end on December 31th 11:59:99.
Contest winner will get the MOTM Winner title and a reserved place in "MOTM Hall of Fame".

If you know a member that has made great contributions to the Forum. Show him/her some apreaction by nominating them for MOTM!!!!

Please submit a brief summary why you feel that your Candidate deserves the "MOTM Title"

There will be only one submission per candidate. This will get him/her a slot in the voting thread at the end of the month.

Serious submissions only Please.
One submission per member per month
Past winners may enter again after 6 months from the original winning date.
Your Candidate will NOT be added to the voting thread without a submission in THIS thread.

No discussions in this thread. Just submissions.

Admin reserves the right to amend these rules as necessary, at any time.

See less See more
#2 ·
I nominate Hoon for finally proving that the Cruze prefers premium fuel. Now we have actual performance data to back up our butt and foot dynos.

These are the timing maps of 93 and 87 octane side by side. Same conditions, same stretch of road. As you can see on 93 the car runs 2-3* more timing, but more importantly it has a much smoother timing curve which demonstrates better knock control on 93.

Under heavy load the car is still on the knock sensor constantly, but under light to moderate loads there is a definite reduction in the amount of/severity of KR.

If you look at the timing in the mid 4K range it gets down to about 8 degress on 87 octane, while holding about 13 degrees on 93. That's a huge difference you can clearly feel.

After driving the last 12K miles on 89, the car is clearly smoother and more powerful on 93. What's amazing is how quickly the ECU adapts...within 1 minute of switching fuels it already added timing. Technology has gotten incredible.

#4 ·
I will renominate Stacy from Chevy Customer Service. Still kicking butt!

#7 ·
OK - I'm going to nominate Santa Claus. I know he's not a member but it is December and how many people have asked him for parts so they can modify their cars?

#10 ·
He's not active anymore, but I nominate TravsCruze for his work uncovering the clutch defect on the 2011s.

Now, where can I nominate XtremeRevolution for MOTY?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: iKermit
#14 ·
Bump. Final day for nominations before Terry switches us to voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.