Dash Damage..Help please
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dash Damage..Help please

Banned

Dash Damage..Help please

I have a 2012 cruze and last week i was doing some detail work...Pulling vents out on top and other easy to remove pieces. Well i have a plastic trim removal kit that i bought online and
    went to get my last vent out on the driver side and somehow the tool i used put some small gouges in the dash pad around the vent on the driver side where you would go to pull it up...it didnt do it to the other vent(s) and i used the same tool. Any help on repairs or suggestions? I dont know if this is a defect or something im gonna have to pay out of my pocket to buy an new dash. Appreciate it alot everybody.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

pics?

Aesop
    I used my fingers to pull out that left drivers' side vent when I made the mounting bracket for my GPS.

My consensus is, if I break something, I pay to fix it.

When a deer ran into our right front fender, my Chevy dealer told me that black triangular piece in front of the side view mirror had to be a part of the insurance quote. Absolutely impossible to remove it and had to be removed to replace the front fender, without breaking off the tabs.

So what do we do, sue Chevy for not using screws so these pieces can be easily removed? I did insist on a brand new fender, straightening out a bend fender never lasts. But when I inspected every bit of their work, found two broken plastic snap rivets. Went back and received two new ones, those they broke when attempting to remove them.

With this car, been purchasing tools for over 50 years, wondered what I was going to use those for.

Banned
    Chris(starks8) i took a pic lastnight ...you all can tell me what u think. Im open for any suggestions. ThanksAttachment 9192

Aesop
    Nor sure why you wanted to remove those, the defrost sides vents. Attached very well to the entire upper dash panel whereas they sit on foamed ductwork when removing the upper dash panel.

Can't tell if that is a dent or a tear. Little heat from a heat gun and raise a dent, with lots of care, could do even more damage. Or a good bodyman can touch that up. Don't feel you want to pay for an entire upper dash panel.

Banned
    Yeah nick i couldnt really answer that completely...guess i wanted to get the vent completely cleaned and treated instead of missing some parts and having it look retarded lol. Luckily i have new stuff coming. Not sure if the new vents will hide much of that damage or not. And yeah i dont wanna pay for a new dash panel lol

Epic Beard Man
    Yeah, even a hairdryer and something smooth and round (like a basic pen) might work. Put the hairdryer close to it for a few seconds, then roll the pen over it and see if it smooths back out.
    Jon-
    "You say the strangest things" -jblackburn
    2012 Cruze LTZ EcoRS 1.4L 6A, Autumn Metallic with Cocoa/Light Neutral, Built 2/23/2012 at Lordstown 19078!
    Trifecta, shiny Injen, Forge Atmo BOV, Collins Big 3, Homelink, RS/Turbo/Eco badges, Huskys, Curt hitch, LTZ Grill, Korean sunglasses holder, ZZP gauge pod & down/mid pipes
    2005 Ford Excursion Limited V10, soon a 7.3 PSD. 2007 Sunline Solaris T-286SR.

Banned
    Its not that noticeable and i wish i didnt talk myself into attempting to take those out even with the right tools. Is there a repair kit out there for stuff like this? Im wondering if this is even close to being warrantied. I bought the extra GMPP when i bought the cruze. I paid 2k for the extra warranty so it better be or you would think it would be lol

Dang, that sucks man! I would be kicking myself too. Its not that bad but it is at the same time. Any damage to a new car, even when little might as well be the size of the moon, lol. I hope you can figure out a way to correct it but I don't see this being covered under any of the warranties you bought because you were the one who caused the damage unfortunately but i guess it wont hurt to ask. On a side note, how are you liking the forum so far?

Aesop
    Instrurment panel.jpg

Instrument panel was looking fairly rough on my motorhome. Removed it, took a smaller piece to NAPA, used a computer scanner to match the color. Cleaned and painted it using epoxy to fill any nicks.

While I was at it, pulled all the MVAC ductwork, commented to my wife, you don't even want to see what I found on the inside. Used plenty of soap and water.

Pleased that the Cruze finally has a filter before the MVAC system. With the Cruze, a powerful vacuum with a dust brush at the end of the hose, does a really good job. But could go further with a Q-tip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast