Install paddle shift on cruze?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Install paddle shift on cruze?

Learning about my Cruze

Install paddle shift on cruze?

Love shifting my automatic cruze but like to keep both hands on the wheel. Has anyone found a way to do this or installed one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Probably not as most of us guys here that enjoy shifting just bought the manual so we could enjoy the experience to the max.

Added: Rostra cruise control, Vent Visors, K&N SRI, OEM fog lights, mud flaps & tint.

Learning about my Cruze
    Got my ancle crushed and tore my left foot off in a motorcycle accident when I was 16. Got t boned by a station wagon. They put it back together so it sort of works but now I'm 57 and arthritus prevents me from shifting when its rainy or cold. Otherwise I'm with you on the manual. Tried 4 different manuals for a week and loved them. They really respond well for a 1.4 eh. Got 3" magnaflo dual exhaust, injen CAI and B&G springs to make me feel better. Insalling them next week. Hope to get the trifecta premium tune before the end of the year so the red wire is free. What else do you motor minds suggest

Aesop
    DMV certainly wants you to keep both hands on the wheel, failed my wife while shifting from 1st to 2nd when making a wife left turn on a divided highway. Also fail you if you drive too slow. Second test, she left it in 1st and just hit over 5,000 RPM.

Like to see these guys during an FAA flight test, besides making an approach maintaining proper decent speed, straight as an error. Need your right hand free, to work those radios, throttle, mixture, flaps, trim, prop pitch, and landing gear, plus keying the mic. Getting checked out in the right seat really takes a lot of practice.

Too bad you weren't wearing a helmet on your left ankle, I use to love riding on a motorcycle, until this crazy kid pulled out in front of me head on when he was in a no passing zone. Witnesses said I flew 40 feet before hitting the pavement. Ouch. Switched backed to bicycles riding on trails where no motor vehicles are allowed.
    obermd likes this.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    DMV certainly wants you to keep both hands on the wheel, failed my wife while shifting from 1st to 2nd when making a wife left turn on a divided highway. Also fail you if you drive too slow. Second test, she left it in 1st and just hit over 5,000 RPM.

Like to see these guys during an FAA flight test, besides making an approach maintaining proper decent speed, straight as an error. Need your right hand free, to work those radios, throttle, mixture, flaps, trim, prop pitch, and landing gear, plus keying the mic. Getting checked out in the right seat really takes a lot of practice.
    This is why I made my son take his driver's test in an automatic. I even went so far as to not let him drive the Lancer (which he learned in) for a month before his driver's test just so he would get used to the "hand rules" again. Your wife's DMV tester was an idiot - I would have reported him to the State Police as an unqualified road driving tester after the test was passed in an automatic.

When I went to do my driving test (years ago) in Texas, the DMV tester wanted to ticket my mom for having an improperly licensed car. It was licensed in Florida, where my father was a legal resident. We left and I went back with my dad, who wore his uniform and he talked to the head of the DMV office. He was the only road tester assigned to that DMV office and was very nice to me during the test as a result.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Resident Tater Salad
    I failed my test the first time too. I was perfectly capable of making a 3-point turn, even on a hill.

The instructor made me do it on this HUGE hill. Wouldn't have been a problem, but when I stopped to back up, he kept telling me to get so close to the curb that my front tires were nearly touching it. So of course, as soon as I went to back up, before I could take my foot off the brake and hit the gas, the car rolls maybe 5", as is the norm for a manual car on a big hill, and the tires bump the curb a little bit. "Oh, sorry, you just failed the test". Freaking moron.

I went right back and did the test with another instructor, doing the 3-point turn MY way the second time...and have been driving manual the rest of my life since.

Our Camry SE has paddle shifters. They're kinda fun - though I'm sure they'd be a lot more fun on the V6 version with 270 HP
    Last edited by jblackburn; 12-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

Handbrake Released
    My Z has the paddle shifters and they can be a lot of fun, but most of the time I just leave it in "Drive" and let the auto do its thing. Adding this feature to any car that does not have an option for it in any model would likely be a fairly involved and expensive undertaking. Since there is not a similarly equipped Cruze model to borrow parts from, everything would have to be customized and adapted to fit. Then, you would need to tap into the stick shifter's electronics to tie them into your fabricated paddle shifters. In the end, while it would be cool to have a one-of-a-kind Cruze, the cost would probably not be worth it.
    CRUISE-CRUZE likes this.
    2012 Altima 2.5SL Dark Slate
    2012 370Z Base Gun Metallic

Learning about my Cruze
    I was in 8 MC accidents in 8 years! Bad luck I guess. Failed my first DMV driving test too. The officers na was Crumm, honest. He got in the car and said you fail and got out. I got out and asked him why, he said you look nervous. Couldnt have been my long hai back in 1969, eh. I found a paddle shifter but it's 1200.00. I work at the biggest chevy dealer in Kansas City, originaly from Boston. After I set up my cruze and show them it doesn't throw codes I'm going to try to get them let me set some up so people can finance the upgrade without spending a lot of money after the fact. Then I'll upgrade my membership and advertize them. Dave McCarthy

Driver's Ed
    I think we can study this DIY and make it for CRUZE... using the camaro paddleshift ....
    DIY - Complete PNP Harness for Paddle Shifter Retrofit - A Pictorial Guide

Off-Road Champion

Subscribed
    '12 ECO MT

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast