Is the Cruze 1.4 LT none turbo worth doing mods?
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is the Cruze 1.4 LT none turbo worth doing mods?

Driver's Ed

Is the Cruze 1.4 LT none turbo worth doing mods?

Hi my name is matt. I own a Chevy Cruze 1.4 LT it isnt much but was wondering if some people could answer questions. I sadly dont know a ton about motor work but i know enough to do major n small repairs. I really wanna know if the cruze is worth tuning and doing performance upgrades? Can it be quick as lets say a mazda 3 speed or 350Z or a genisus? Is it possible to make it into something fast? I dont know what to do with it. Its not the turbo verson so id obviously wanna add a turbo to it but dont know what one to get or size or if i have to do internal motor upgrades? like stronger pistons n rods n tranny shift kits to be able to handle more torque n power? I needa add 150+ hp. How can i make this possible? Any help will be highly appreciated and if you wanna contact me at my email or text me personaly XXX-XXX-XXXX. I dont know where to begin with performace or what to do. Deff looking to move fast in it asap =D
    Last edited by sciphi; 12-09-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Phone number made public, don't want smartphone getting a virus.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

If you have the 1.4 then you have a turbo. The best mod is an aftermarket tune. Check with the vendors on the forum. They are running sales until Christmas.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Administrator

I'm going to be blunt - if you're trying to add 150 HP to the Cruze you bought the wrong car. On the other hand if you're just trying to get to 150+ HP switch to Premium gas and get the Trifecta Tune.
    titan2782 and iCruze2 like this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport - needed more seats)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

you want 150 hp and you have no turbo,go buy a nitrous kit and hope you dont blow your motor
    Patman and titan2782 like this.

Driver's Ed
    I have tge 1.8 LS not the 1.4. My bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsCruze View Post
    I have tge 1.8 LS not the 1.4. My bad lol.
    ya buy nitrous,you can do a few things to help driveablity ie trifecta tune,exhaust,air intake resontor delete,spark plug regap,port your intake mainifold.Bad news racing is planning on a turbo kit but my 2 cents is its not worth it unless they make a actual performance oriented cruze,other than that i would look into the mods i just listed,they will improve the 1.8ls performance alot more than stock and i forgot a drop in filter will make a diffrence.hope that helped ya out man

Welcome to the forum Matt.

First I'd check you paid the right amount for the car you're driving. If your documents say LT but you're actually driving an LS, I'd be pretty upset. You might have a turbo and not know it, they're small.

Here's the 1.8, notice the intake in the back
    uploadfromtaptalk1355082691349.jpg

And here's the 1.4 with the intake in the front.
    uploadfromtaptalk1355082774491.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; 12-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Welcome to the forum Matt.

First I'd check you paid the right amount for the car you're driving. If your documents say LT but you're actually driving an LS, I'd be pretty upset. You might have a turbo and not know it, they're small.

Here's the 1.8, notice the intake in the back
    uploadfromtaptalk1355082691349.jpg

And here's the 2.4 with the intake in the front.
    uploadfromtaptalk1355082774491.jpg
    oo ya 2.4t when did they make that into a cruze haha

Honestly, if you want to be Speed3 or 350z fast, you're going to have to spend a lot of money. Money on a turbo or perhaps an engine swap (here's a link to a turbo thread). The best part? Since you don't currently have the mechanical aptitude to create such a setup, you'll need to find a shop to do it for you (no problems), but with a foreign setup in the car you're most likely looking at years of unreliability...

Bottom line, buy a fast car to start with, not an economy car.

That said, try making some minor mods in your that will improve performance a bit and make the car more fun to drive along the way (while learning a thing or two along the way). Start with an intake, exhaust and maybe a Trifecta tune (I'm not sure as to the benefits of this tune of the 1.8L though).

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1.4t - 35% tint, K&N Intake & Black Bowties.

Quote Originally Posted by jakkaroo View Post
    oo ya 2.4t when did they make that into a cruze haha
    uploadfromtaptalk1355084089717.jpg
    OnlyTaurus and Jnoobs like this.
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.