I am within inches of defecting from Chevy to.........
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: I am within inches of defecting from Chevy to.........

Handbrake Released Cruzemeister's Avatar

I am within inches of defecting from Chevy to.........

Drum roll please...........................
    to a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT.
    Yup.... can't believe I'm typing the words here...... but it's true.
    To be fair, I really like my Cruze LS 1.8 auto. But, I have always wanted something Red, Alloys, Turbo benefits, and a manual for that good old feel of "being engaged".
    I couldn't afford the Cruze that would of gave me those items, so I opted for value.
    I have been looking for a year end leftover or whatever where the dealer is willing to take a big hit to enable me to get in under the wire. It just ain't happenning with a Cruze.
    But after engaging in a teaser ad put out by Dodge, I nipped at the line. I test drove a SXT 1.4 T manual and was very impressed with the Dart. Then the "looks" starting weaving
    a sticky little web around my head, and I'm afraid I may consider defecting to Dodge as soon as tomorrow. Across the board, it appeals to the kid in me, while still being practical. Which is what the Cruze has been about too. It's just that, for some reason, it has this sort of "Viper" vibe going on somewhat. I can't really explain it, but I must admit, I'm really thinking of doing it if the "numbers" can be made right. Biggest three things? The manual shifter seems a bit more substantial in the hand and in it's communication. The dual chrom exhaust look and even sound a tad growly from the outside. (Turbo factor? At Idle? Dunno) and the front face looks a bit more "sports car-ish", if you will.
    I'll know by later tomorrow evening. And Then you fine folks will know too..... Does Cruzemeister - the guy who could never afford a Vette - who went from a Saturn ION to a Chevy Cobalt to a Chevy Cruze - join team Mopar? Does the Viper become the new found fantasy flagship to dream about while doing a little heel-toe in a Dart?

We shall see chillin' ...... we shall see.......

If All Cars Have Two Headlights and sometimes two Fog lights, why don't at least Most Cars have two exhaust tips - even if just for the symmetry?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symmetry
    Thank you to all who clicked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

If All Cars Have Two Headlights and sometimes two Fog lights, why don't at least Most Cars have two exhaust tips - even if just for the symmetry?

I do like the styling and a few other things on the Dart but I'm not sure I trust dodge yet
    Sunline Fan and kfr291 like this.

Off-Road Champion

Well good luck with whatever you deceide to do. Check out some of the Dart forums, seems like they are reporting turbo lag, hesitation and backfiring on the 1.4T engines - but no fix yet from Dodge.
    Last edited by blk88verde; 12-21-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Trader! How dare you come in here and speak of that other car!

but I do like the dual exhaust
    chevycruze2012 likes this.
    .............RIO.............
    "MUZIK 4 THA WORLD"
    www.mabproductionz.com

Quote Originally Posted by rmass09 View Post
    I do like the styling and a few other things on the Dart but I'm not sure I trust dodge yet
    I hear you... I hear you....but I must admit that my recent looking at a 2012 Cruze LT1 leftover has me a little spooked about some apparent steering issues at highway speeds, and some mixed messages about the stock clutch being a bit of a dud in some runs. I don't know....... But I sure did like what I felt on the drive today, I'll say that. Dosen't hurt that it looks pretty cool too.....

World Rally Champion
    Anyone else notice the base model dart doesn't even have air conditioning? Is it still 2012 or am I in some sort of time warp?

Lifetime: 10.5 cents per mile @ $3.73 average price over 56K miles

Sorry man, interior and exterior wise the Cruze blows it out of the water. But you gotta drive what you feel best in.
    Good luck.
    Starks8, Calintz, iCruze2 and 4 others like this.
    ^Usually sarcasm.

If anything I say offends you... you might need a snickers.

The interior looks extremely cheap to me.
    Katee228, Sonic and chevycruze2012 like this.

Glorified neon

Sent from my MB886 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    oMAHONEYo, Sonic and 204cruze like this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast