1st year ownership review - Page 3
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums – General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 1st year ownership review

Driver's Ed
    Yes, I meant the 1.4L was what I test drove, not 1.3L.

Xtreme - gap is .028 for the 1.8L. .035 is for the 1.4. Will check.
    obermd - I tried what you suggested, bringing up the odometer display and turning the car off. Still comes back on with low tire pressure display.
    Sunline - I always look over my shoulder but still find myself in situations like you describe. Will get blind spot mirrors.

Troll? Not sure what that is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kuchak View Post
    Yes, I meant the 1.4L was what I test drove, not 1.3L.

Xtreme - gap is .028 for the 1.8L. .035 is for the 1.4. Will check.
    obermd - I tried what you suggested, bringing up the odometer display and turning the car off. Still comes back on with low tire pressure display.
    Sunline - I always look over my shoulder but still find myself in situations like you describe. Will get blind spot mirrors.

Troll? Not sure what that is.
    Troll is somebody who posts something on a forum, often negative, and then does not respond to the followup comments. Thank you for responding!

For the tire pressure being low, it sounds like either a tire really is low, or the system needs to be re-learned. IIRC a 2012 Cruze built up to December 2011 can re-learn the tire pressure sensors by placing the system into "learn" mode and letting some air out of the tires. There should be a post around here on it.

For the blind spots, read this article from Car and Driver and adjust your mirrors accordingly. It will help out: How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver
    MikeW and jblackburn like this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Administrator

kuchak - hand check your tire pressures. Your car should show within a pound or two of the hand checked pressures for each tire. It may be that your car thinks you have a low tire, which can be nothing more than a faulty TPMS or it could be a bad receiving module.

The DIC is programmed to display any "issues" when it detects them. In your case it's on start up. Low tires are one of the issues the DIC displays. To clear this alert, press the button on the end of the left hand control stalk once and you should be right back to the display you were on the last time you turned the car off.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Handbrake Released
    Quote Originally Posted by sciphi View Post
    For the blind spots, read this article from Car and Driver and adjust your mirrors accordingly. It will help out: How To: Adjust Your Mirrors to Avoid Blind Spots - Feature - Car and Driver
    This is a great link. I have had my mirrors adjusted like this on all my cars for quite some time. It takes a bit of getting used to at first, but it is much better than the way I learned decades ago to adjust so you see the rear of your car.

In my Z, I have learned to lean forward a bit to double check my mirrors before I change lanes. The blind spot seems big enough to hide a semi.
    2012 Altima 2.5SL Dark Slate
    2012 370Z Base Gun Metallic

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
    Quote Originally Posted by kuchak View Post
    2012 LS 1.8L, M6, 17,500 miles, bought Oct. 2011.

Bad:
    Acceleration OK if no passengers and AC off but with a passenger and/or AC on car is downright dangerous. My test drive was on the 1.3L turbo so maybe that has more power.
    Low tire pressure indication is default on driver control screen, so have to cycle menu through all 4 tires to get to trip odometer every time car is started. Can't run tires at full pressure as it is like solid rubber grocery cart tires and ride is extremely harsh. My previous "ancient technology" car had single rod on dash to activate trip odo.
    Tone control on radio is via menu and can't be done while driving; at least I can't, yet. My previous "ancient technology" car had a knob on the radio. You didn't have to take your eyes off the road.
    Visibility is bad, with blind spots. I can't count the number of times I've had horns blasting on me as what I thought was clear to the side, or when backing up, wasn't. I understand it is due to the safe construction.

Good:
    Great gas mileage. Looks like a BMW 3 series from the rear. M6 transmission is great. Huge trunk. High quality interior for the price.

Would I get one again knowing the above? No.

kuchak,
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your Cruze. I would be happy to look into any concerns that you are having with your Cruze. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions, comments or concerns that you may have.
    Thank you,
    Stacy Chevrolet Customer Service

7. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123