Where to go from here
NEWS

1. Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums General discussion forum for Chevy Cruze

Welcome to Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums - a website dedicated to all things Chevy Cruze.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Chevy Cruze Forum : Chevrolet Cruze Forums today!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Where to go from here

Where to go from here

Now that Penny's cruise control upgrade is done, my list of projects for her is pretty much complete... not that the list was all that extensive to begin with. I've been idly pondering a few more things, nothing that strictly *needs* to be done but would be nice to have:

17" rims and LRR tires
    Amp and sub
    Footwell lighting

I'm not interested in dropping her as I drive over some pretty horrific speed humps every day. Anyone else have other ideas or feedback?
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Wheels and tires will be a nice upgrade to the handling. Lightweight 17's with a set of higher speed rated tires improve the handling markedly. I notice the tradeoff in ride and handling every winter when going from the OEM 17's and their V speed rated tires to my 16" R speed rated snow tires on aftermarket alloys. The ride gets plusher and the handling abilities of the car decrease. Certain corners I could take at 30 mph I have to slow to 25 mph. On the flip side, road imperfections I noticed with the OEM 17's aren't as noticeable with the snows.

I'd go functional first, then appearance/sound.
    XtremeRevolution and obermd like this.
    2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco
    2009 Honda Fit Sport

Learn from the mistakes of others, so when you err it can be in new and interesting ways.

Administrator

How do you play music? The Bluetooth PDIM might be useful.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

Administrator
    I'm a huge audiophile, so sitting in my car for 1.5-2.0 hours per day means factory sound starts sounding like nails on a chalkboard. You know who to ask when you're ready for that part.
    Amsoil Products Info, Ordering, & CruzeTalk.com Discounts

XtremeRevolution & Co. Mobile Audio Parts :: XtremeRevolution.net

I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Resident Tater Salad
    Good tires make a WORLD of difference in how pleasurable a car is to drive.

BEGONE with the crappy Firestones! Put something fun on there...the Cruze is a great-handling little car.
    2012 Cruze 1LT 6M

The Bluetooth PDIM is a great upgrade if you have a use for it.

- DROID RAZR MAXX.
    XtremeRevolution likes this.
    HOW TO: Gain Access to Side-Markers

Current: Smoked Side Marker Lenses, Black Bow Ties, Bluetooth PDIM, Reso Delete, 35/5% Tint, TCollins Big 3 Kit, K&N Drop In
    Soon: Custom Tablet Magnet Mount, De-Chrome, ?

PDIM isn't really necessary for me. I use a USB drive for music and my phone doesn't stream over Bluetooth anyway. Think I'll go with the advice to get some rims and tires. Off to Tire Rack!
    All advice, opinions, etc contained in this post are guaranteed to be worth exactly what you paid for them. All rights reserved. Offer not valid in some areas.

Do you have fogs lights already?

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Do you have fogs lights already?
    No, and they're really not necessary in Phoenix. If you need to illuminate under a layer of anything here, it'll be dust and you'd best not be driving in it anyway.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
    No, and they're really not necessary in Phoenix. If you need to illuminate under a layer of anything here, it'll be dust and you'd best not be driving in it anyway.
    I use my fogs all the time. They make near field vision that much better. They also have a wider spread and illuminate the critters on the side of the road.
    ErikBEggs and lilmrsyeti like this.

2012 ECO MT - Black Granite/Cloth; 814 mile range; Bluetooth Stereo AUX; OEM Fogs w/Chrome Covers; GM Spare tire; VG Shark Fin
    2010 Mit Lancer GT MT (traded for ECO @31K miles)
    2002 Pont Montana AWD (traded for 2012 LS @182K miles)
    1990 Pont Transport (traded for Montana @240K miles)
    1986 Fiero GT MT (traded for Transport)
    1985 Fiero 2M4 MT (traded for Fiero GT @8K miles)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Chevy Cruze Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast